Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined TF2 Jailbreak Scout double jump suggestion

Enable Scout's double jump

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dork

Notably Dangerous
Enabling scout double jump without disabling bhop would be a huge nerf to scout, all other class would be able to build a big speed boost with bhop while scout is stuck with his base speed.
how would enabling double jump remove scouts ability to bhop..?

edi

Unremarkable
how would enabling double jump remove scouts ability to bhop..?
Most bhoppers bhop with scroll wheel bound to jump, or by using a script. This way you will spam input jump and do not need to time your jump perfectly.

A double-jump resets all current momentum. With jump input spam by using scroll or script you will keep double-jumping when you attempt to bhop, resetting your momentum and not being able to build up speed past scouts base speed.

Technically you could still bhop but enabling double-jump would make it way way harder as you can't spam jump input but instead have to time it (almost) perfectly with each hop.

Buddy303

Unremarkable
As I said in the original post, the double jump should only be available once the scout is a rebeller.
For me there really isn't a point to bhop existing, just get rid of it.
The only point listed FOR bhop so far is "I am not very good at the game without it"

mikalxmow

Scarcely Lethal
If we enable scout double jumps what other class specifics will we have to enable? Spy's disguises? Engineer buildings?
Me and kai may hate each other just a tiny bit but yeah if scout gets double jump what do the others get?

mikalxmow

Scarcely Lethal
Most bhoppers bhop with scroll wheel bound to jump, or by using a script. This way you will spam input jump and do not need to time your jump perfectly.

A double-jump resets all current momentum. With jump input spam by using scroll or script you will keep double-jumping when you attempt to bhop, resetting your momentum and not being able to build up speed past scouts base speed.

Technically you could still bhop but enabling double-jump would make it way way harder as you can't spam jump input but instead have to time it (almost) perfectly with each hop.
Actually the bhop assist plugin makes it so you keep the momentum so your wrong either way we both agree with scout not having double jump.

mikalxmow

Scarcely Lethal
Also can we agree that scout doesn't need fucking double jump we have more points why it should not exist then why it should exist like god damn we get it gives you more movement but this is JB it's meant to be a hell to escape as the main gamemode is to play by the wardens rules to get LR or rebel to kill them all and win even if you say blue needs it then how would we balance out the red scout? welp ima go play sumthing.

edi

Unremarkable
Actually the bhop assist plugin makes it so you keep the momentum so your wrong either way we both agree with scout not having double jump.
I said that if double-jump is enabled it will be hard to keep the momentum. Since double-jump resets all previously built-up momentum.

The assist plug-in doesn't make it so scout keeps the built-up momentum after a double jump, it only increases the time window for a successful bhop upon landing.

Me and kai may hate each other just a tiny bit
You may hate me a tiny bit but I ABSOULETLY despise you (/s)

Scout is already one of the stronger classes in JB.
As a blue, he's the best hunting class. His running speed can keep up with bhoppers at the beginning of their jumps
As a red, his projectiles causes bleed from a range + his speed can close distances between blues for melee AND provides a higher initial velocity when Bhopping away.

TBH I don't see why he should obtain double jump on top of this, even if it's only after obtaining ammo. And to reiterate what Dork already mentioned is any scout that obtains double jump will just end up breaking several minigames whenever played and allow access to previously unreachable areas on maps that'll just cause delaying game problems.

Last edited:

Buddy303

Unremarkable

As a blue, he's the best hunting class. His running speed can keep up with bhoppers at the beginning of their jumps
As a red, his projectiles causes bleed from a range + his speed can close distances between blues for melee AND provides a higher initial velocity when Bhopping away.

TBH I don't see why he should obtain double jump on top of this, even if it's only after obtaining ammo. And to reiterate what Dork already mentioned is any scout that obtains double jump will just end up breaking several minigames whenever played and allow access to previously unreachable areas on maps that'll just cause delaying game problems.
you're just giving more points as to why bhop should be removed lol
the double jump in minigames thing is an arguement that doesn't work because the wardens just say scouts no double jumping anyways

the projectile thing on red is 100% you being stupid if you die to it, and if a scout melee kills you then it's 100% your fault for being reckless
keep a distance from the reds while covering escape routes as guards and boom, you are now immune to death from random melee scout rushes
blus can instakill scouts your arguement holds no water

Buddy303

Unremarkable
Also can we agree that scout doesn't need fucking double jump we have more points why it should not exist then why it should exist like god damn we get it gives you more movement but this is JB it's meant to be a hell to escape as the main gamemode is to play by the wardens rules to get LR or rebel to kill them all and win even if you say blue needs it then how would we balance out the red scout? welp ima go play sumthing.
it's meant to be hell to escape?
yeah, bhopping gets rid of the difficulty of escaping. Thanks for making another point against bhop being enabled :D
And no it does not at all have more points on why it should be disabled rather than enabled.
I have listed far more points than you and they are all more objective than your own.

Buddy303

Unremarkable
If we enable scout double jumps what other class specifics will we have to enable? Spy's disguises? Engineer buildings?
i don't see anything wrong with spy being able to disguise using the eternal reward
spy has the ability to instakill every class and his downside is that he's slow and doesn't have much health
it rewards being sneaky instead of running into the enemy

Scout is fast, does low melee damage and he can't double jump???
Both Scout and Spy can get instakilled however Spy can also instakill, Scout can't. So why get rid of Scout's double jump then? Why don't you then remove Spy's ability to backstab too?
Disable bhop, enable double jumps for scouts.

I'm not even gonna respond to the engineer thing because we both know it's not comparable to this.

Reactions: edi

mikalxmow

Scarcely Lethal
it's meant to be hell to escape?
yeah, bhopping gets rid of the difficulty of escaping. Thanks for making another point against bhop being enabled :D
And no it does not at all have more points on why it should be disabled rather than enabled.
I have listed far more points than you and they are all more objective than your own.
Snipers.

mikalxmow

Scarcely Lethal

Ok fuck you too but still fuck you.

mikalxmow

Scarcely Lethal
I said that if double-jump is enabled it will be hard to keep the momentum. Since double-jump resets all previously built-up momentum.

The assist plug-in doesn't make it so scout keeps the built-up momentum after a double jump, it only increases the time window for a successful bhop upon landing.
Also im pretty sure it doesn't do that as it pushes you instead of giving you more time like it's pretty obvious it pushes you : P

Monky

Face-Melting
Bhop assists the scout due to how fast he is so scout can get away easily enough and your saying Double Jump can do better??

edi

Unremarkable
Also im pretty sure it doesn't do that as it pushes you instead of giving you more time like it's pretty obvious it pushes you : P
The feel of it pushing you is just what it feels like because of the time window increase.

The momentum loss is the same as when you play scout and rocket-jump with an enemy rocket. You will far surpass your max movement speed with that rocket jump. But as soon as you double-jump, all that momentum is lost, and it is back to your max default speed. Hope you understand it now : )
i don't see anything wrong with spy being able to disguise using the eternal reward
spy has the ability to instakill every class and his downside is that he's slow and doesn't have much health
it rewards being sneaky instead of running into the enemy

Scout is fast, does low melee damage and he can't double jump???
Both Scout and Spy can get instakilled however Spy can also instakill, Scout can't. So why get rid of Scout's double jump then? Why don't you then remove Spy's ability to backstab too?
Disable bhop, enable double jumps for scouts.

I'm not even gonna respond to the engineer thing because we both know it's not comparable to this.
Hard agree on what you said here. Disabling double-jump is more in line with disabling other class features; medic healing, spy backstabs.

Best hunting/skirmish class for blue is soldier with the rocket jumper. Bhop further enhanced his strength, being able to instantly build high bhop speed with 1 rocket jump. And with 1.5x he is on steroids oneshotting light classes with his shotgun.

Status
Not open for further replies.