Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined TF2 Jailbreak Scout double jump suggestion

Enable Scout's double jump

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddy303

Unremarkable
I honestly don't see any reason for bhop to be enabled and the Scout's double jump to be disabled.
What is the point in disabling Scout's double jump anyway?
I mean at least when you rebel as Scout could you get the double jump then?
It's taking away one of Scout's biggest advantages to counteract his low health and for what?
Because you assume all guards can't aim for their life?
Give Scout double jump and disable bhop, there's really no point for bhop's existence in the first place.

Flux is literally the only good European jb server but the bhopping ruins it for me.
There are plenty of American servers with no bhop but with Scout's double jump that are very successful and the players don't complain about it.

Monky

Face-Melting
Bhop is something that would help rebellers to get away fast enough so a blue doesn't shoot you and your saying a double jump is faster then that? Its because most maps barely have tall enough fences so scout can just jump off and rebel.

Buddy303

Unremarkable
Bhop is something that would help rebellers to get away fast enough so a blue doesn't shoot you and your saying a double jump is faster then that? Its because most maps barely have tall enough fences so scout can just jump off and rebel.
Bhopping is just forcing it. Using your brain to sneak away is a lot better. It's not about double jump being faster, it gives Scout more capability in fights, the 1.5x damage buff should be removed too.

mikalxmow

Scarcely Lethal
Bhopping is just forcing it. Using your brain to sneak away is a lot better. It's not about double jump being faster, it gives Scout more capability in fights, the 1.5x damage buff should be removed too.
Buddy it's JB it's meant to be fucking unfair 💀

mikalxmow

Scarcely Lethal
Oh and monkey is right those fences are so god damn short.

Buddy303

Unremarkable
Buddy it's JB it's meant to be fucking unfair 💀
I'm not saying it's unfair lol idk where you got that from
What I am saying is that Scout should have the movement capability of a double jump, everyone else can bhop already and do so much for so little effort, the double jumping needs actual skill to be useful.

mikalxmow

Scarcely Lethal
I'm not saying it's unfair lol idk where you got that from
What I am saying is that Scout should have the movement capability of a double jump, everyone else can bhop already and do so much for so little effort, the double jumping needs actual skill to be useful.
No just no scout can bhop too and they are better since they move so fucking fast and have a better bhop start then every other class.

mikalxmow

Scarcely Lethal
if you're good you wouldn't be getting chased you're just bad at sneaking away and rely on a crutch
Yeah but who tf hides all game it's JB we hunt the blues not fucking hide from them your gonna get caught if you attack.

Buddy303

Unremarkable
Yeah but who tf hides all game it's JB we hunt the blues not fucking hide from them your gonna get caught if you attack.
who says you have to hide? run off without being noticed, get ammo and attack them

Buddy303

Unremarkable
Then you get caught : )
well yeah? how are you gonna deal with it aside from using your own skill? it seems way more fair to deal with the situation you got yourself in on your own instead of having a crutch

mikalxmow

Scarcely Lethal
well yeah? how are you gonna deal with it aside from using your own skill? it seems way more fair to deal with the situation you got yourself in on your own instead of having a crutch
It helps you get away to attack again?

dork

Notably Dangerous
Ignoring the whole bhop thing, scouts double jump is straight up unfair. It gives him advantages in rebelling and various minigames that other classes don't have, such as climb or stairway to heaven.

edi

Unremarkable
Enabling scout double jump without disabling bhop would be a huge nerf to scout, all other classes would be able to build a big speed boost with bhop while scout is stuck with his base speed.

Other classes their rebelling strength was always to punish BLUs within melee range and 2 hit kill them or oneshot with a crit/backstab, while for scout it was for running away and getting ammo packs.

If bhop were to be disabled it would be nice if scout could unlock double-jump by rebelling, just like on some other servers.

Ignoring the whole bhop thing, scouts double jump is straight up unfair. It gives him advantages in rebelling and various minigames that other classes don't have, such as climb or stairway to heaven.
Scout always was the go-to class for rebelling by getting ammo anyway. The bhop feature on flux servers just made it so that other classes also have a better chance of getting ammo by running away.

As for minigames, most wardens say no double-jumping anyway and besides, no one is stopping the others REDs from picking scout. There is no class limit, if they want that advantage they could pick scout as well.
Going by your logic we should also increase heavy's movement speed, since some jumps in obby would be harder for him.

I'd vote yes for doublejump to return, but only if bhop were to be removed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.