Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Remove 1.5x Guard Damage Multiplier

Remove 1.5x Guard Damage Multiplier

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monky

Face-Melting
Just do fucking good votes like democracy all it is really is just yelling at each other over this and that. 1.5x is not really that bad tbh. A Sniper can easily snipe down a blue. A scout can run circles around one and kill them. Hell a medic can take one down. In the end it may not be fair for everyone but you still have random crits on this server. which could help you in a melee fight like it does with me.

edi

Unremarkable
Just do fucking good votes like democracy all it is really is just yelling at each other over this and that. 1.5x is not really that bad tbh. A Sniper can easily snipe down a blue. A scout can run circles around one and kill them. Hell a medic can take one down. In the end it may not be fair for everyone but you still have random crits on this server. which could help you in a melee fight like it does with me.
I really don't know what you're trying to say here, but you know what would be fair for everyone. The default TF2 stats that the developers balanced the game around. That also base TF2 jailbreak was balanced around, instead you cater to jackasses that cant tell the difference between m1 and m2 with these illogical stat increases.

Ginger

Truly Feared
I agree fully with removing x1.5 damage, but the issue is 90% of the jailbreak playerbase absolutely sucks at the game. Whenever this discussion is brought up and I meet people ingame who are asking for this, I always just point them to look at the current assembly of guards to see why we have it. The main issue is just that jailbreak players are notoriously bad at left clicking on reds. And so whilst jailbreak should 100% be weighed in the favour of BLUs who should easily be able to kill REDs, that's just not the case. This is why no matter how much I agree, I always vote against this.

edi

Unremarkable
I agree fully with removing x1.5 damage, but the issue is 90% of the jailbreak playerbase absolutely sucks at the game. Whenever this discussion is brought up and I meet people ingame who are asking for this, I always just point them to look at the current assembly of guards to see why we have it. The main issue is just that jailbreak players are notoriously bad at left clicking on reds. And so whilst jailbreak should 100% be weighed in the favour of BLUs who should easily be able to kill REDs, that's just not the case. This is why no matter how much I agree, I always vote against this.
False statistic in my experience. But even if it were true, of that 90% the majority will be in RED team still. And most experienced jailbreak players opt to join team BLU. Stat increase again does nothing for the bad players, and the decent players become unstoppable. It is not a rare sight to see a rocket jumper shotgun soldier last guard on Flux kill 10+ remaining REDs with ease, all armed.

kringu

Lv.85 Ball Inspector
Staff Member
Admin
Removals, that is what this suggestion is. You guys keep bringing up bullshit excuses, the votes being split indicates that there is something not right and a change needs to be made. Instead you lead your community on into thinking they can actually vote for something, but nah u let one manager decide and ignore what the votes say.
I was referring to map removals. Either way, the suggestions are just that: suggestions, not changes. Ultimately all decisions have to pass by the managers and sometimes the owner. This isn't any protocol that I made up on the spot because of my opinions on the matter, this is how every change is made on Flux.TF, including the aforementioned map additions and removals. There's no conspiracy going on here, yes, we let our managers have the last word for pretty much everything, because they are managers, and they were elected to be managers democratically.

Not sure why you felt it was necessary to be rude, I wasn't trying to antagonize anyone, and I wasn't trying to abuse my credibility or staff position to suppress your opinions, either. I was the one who first mentioned this topic in the staff chat in the first place. I've always tried my best to make sure that suggestions (even ones I don't agree with) are taken seriously, which could go unnoticed for weeks on end if I just stopped caring. Whenever someone has told me how they wanted things to be changed on Flux, I've always tried my best to help their ideas at least be considered. My only desire is for people to have fun while playing on Flux, and feel welcomed and like they have a second family.

A manager has given their verdict on this topic, and they said that it wouldn't be good for the server, and every staff that shared their opinion also had the same opinion. That is not an exaggeration, I mean that in full truth. For now, that's the final decision on the topic until some time has passed, or the managers/owner decide to make the change or run a Discord poll on the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.