Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Remove 1.5x Guard Damage Multiplier

Remove 1.5x Guard Damage Multiplier

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

edi

Unremarkable
Abso-fucking-lutely

I've already seen this on a few instances where a I'm a solo warden (no hunting guards) managing ~8-10 reds due to nobody else wanting join blue (primarily to avoid being warden).
And 1.5x damage did nothing for it. It is still happening. Damage was the wrong approach to this problem.

Maybe we could allow people to play blue side without having to want to be warden. One of the best guards I have ever seen in jailbreak was one that never talked, only during mic checks. He would catch me 9 times out of 10 with his rocket jumper. Because he knew I could win the fight had I collected ammo. A better player has a good chance to lose when up against a competent guard.

The rule for that jailbreak server was if you didn't want to be warden you have to slay yourself when chosen as warden. And he was a guy that never wanted to play warden but enjoyed being a guard. Changing the rules this way to allow more quality guards in could help in a good healthy way.

kringu

Lv.85 Ball Inspector
Staff Member
Admin
What i really just want to put across here since i can see there is alot of misunderstanding.

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT REMOVING B-HOPPING, ONLY 1,5X DAMAGE MULTIPLIER.

They are not codependent.
No, but removing only one is completely out of the question. It won't be fun at all guaranteed for BLU. This server used to have guards with crits like every single other jb server, we voted to drop it to 1.5x as a compromise.

kringu

Lv.85 Ball Inspector
Staff Member
Admin
I understand the points you have given, i do. But i still do not see the problem since the blues have the exact same ability to chase. And lets say that you are a sniper bodyshotting a red rebeller. Chances are he/she is going to get one-shot or survive with limited hp (with or without healing items). You can chase them and finish them of from a distance.
A BLU chasing a RED is a win for RED team, they have more players. It's a 3-1 ratio of reds to blues, sometimes even a 4-1 ratio.

edi

Unremarkable
A BLU chasing a RED is a win for RED team, they have more players. It's a 3-1 ratio of reds to blues, sometimes even a 4-1 ratio.
A blue chasing a red is a decision. You can let them go and beat them in numbers when they return. 8/9 classes have their main damage close range. Meaning that red has to come close again.

mikalxmow

Scarcely Lethal
It's not fun when a pyro can fucking two shot you so i say remove it.

Last edited:

BabyBARKing

Sufficiently Lethal
And don't forget logistics: most people do not want to play on guard or do not have a mic. We need guards to have fun or they will switch to red, and then BLU will be weaker as a result, and then the remaining BLUs will have less fun against rebellers, etc. It's a negative feedback loop until BLU is empty and the server dies. I have seen this happen way too much, I'm not talking out of my ass here!
stop lying kringu your racist

mikalxmow

Scarcely Lethal
bro two shot by what weapon?
The flare guns can two shot a kunai and big earner spy and the other spy users can be killed off by after burn and as proof a two shot from the flare guns does about 106.5 depending on how your aim is.

edi

Unremarkable
The flare guns can two shot a kunai and big earner spy and the other spy users can be killed off by after burn and as proof a two shot from the flare guns does about 106.5 depending on how your aim is.
Flare gun actually only needs one shot currently to kill all 125hp classes with 1.5x if you count afterburn.

mikalxmow

Scarcely Lethal
Flare gun actually only needs one shot currently to kill all 125hp classes with 1.5x if you count afterburn.
Yeah but i went with two shot since i was only counting damage and not afterburn plus i didn't really think 1.5x counted to afterburn :P

Firebird

Unremarkable
Also if you are for the removal of the 1,5x then why are you voting no?

kringu

Lv.85 Ball Inspector
Staff Member
Admin
Also if you are for the removal of the 1,5x then why are you voting no?
Removal of 1.5x damage is only reasonable if Bhop is removed... the topic is only suggesting to remove one of these so I can't agree.

kringu

Lv.85 Ball Inspector
Staff Member
Admin
And most people who have played the server prefer bhop to be on, so based on that it would be better to leave the damage how it is.

kringu

Lv.85 Ball Inspector
Staff Member
Admin
This might be a dumb suggestion, but why don't we create an LR option called 'JB classic' where B-hop & damage buff are removed for a single round?
I thought of that at one point, an LR where bhop is enabled. But again I'm not sure if most people want bhop removed.

kringu

Lv.85 Ball Inspector
Staff Member
Admin
Bhop won't be removed, it'll stay as the default setting on regular days but will be disabled on "Classic Jb" days
Sorry, misread what you said. Yeah that'd be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.