Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Mutliple weapon blocks for JB

Should these be blocked?

• Ye, get them outta here

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Nah, keep em

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SleeperStim

Gore-Spattered
Cause I like the milk, also idk about the jarate thing but I say we keep the milk
I can point out the Milk has some advantages such as healing you when you hit a RED, since its only enabled for BLUs for a legit reason, But overall, the milk is basically jarate without the healing. Speaking of blocked weapons. SG Gaming has their baiting weapons such as stickies, throwables, etc blocked for numerous reasons. So why keep it if it does the exact same thing as the jarate but with a healing option? I don't understand.

SleeperStim

Gore-Spattered
I find the reason "it can be used for mfk" kinda dumb. Literally 90% of the weapons can be used for mfk, shall we ban all pyro and demo primaries as well? The mad milk sure why not but the machina ban I also find uneccesary as again, it is not the only weapon that can hit multiple enemies at once.
Well, not exactly, I dont see people running pyro on JB alot, Im just pointing out weapons that are a major problem on the JB server. Obviously we arent gonna remove demo primaries, since what are we gonna do, be a chad demoknight? Machina Collateral is the problem with it, since it could delete like most of the reds.

SleeperStim

Gore-Spattered
Using the argument "could be used for mfk" is ridiculous.
Why don't we just disable damage, if nobody dies how can anyone be frekul?
Then how are people gonna be KOS if they arent following wardens orders?

BabyBARKing

Sufficiently Lethal
I can point out the Milk has some advantages such as healing you when you hit a RED, since its only enabled for BLUs for a legit reason, But overall, the milk is basically jarate without the healing. Speaking of blocked weapons. SG Gaming has their baiting weapons such as stickies, throwables, etc blocked for numerous reasons. So why keep it if it does the exact same thing as the jarate but with a healing option? I don't understand.
sg gaming is garbage tho

Slaborbay

Scarcely Lethal

Just because SG Gaming has quite a lot of weapons disabled does not mean flux needs to, I might be talking outta my ass but I believe they have a large number of melees restricted such as the wrap assassin and the solemn vow what you want to remove those too all this would be doing is restricting the weapon pool and lessening variation. Also the mad milk is not just a "jarate with a healing option" the two are way more different than you think the jarate deals mini-crit damage to players covered in it, the jarate gives a green tint to the screen of whoever's covered in it, and is a stupidly easy insta-kill on most classes when paired with the bushwacka. The only thing the mad milk does is heal damage dealt by you or teammates, it does not obscure vision, and does not increase damage taken so its perfectly fine you only want it to removed because a few bad apples throw it onto the reds from time to time what next suggesting to remove the shortstop because some scouts use the alt-fire to shove people?

SolarSocks

you guys like m&ms?
Staff Member
Admin
To this day I will never understand why jarate/mad milk counts as freehitting instead of baiting. They both do no damage lmao

Slaborbay

Scarcely Lethal
To this day I will never understand why jarate/mad milk counts as freehitting instead of baiting. They both do no damage lmao

Its because when people are hit with the throwables they immediately scream freehit so I suppose having people scream it enough it will make people think its freehit.

Sonny

Scarcely Lethal
Causes mass freehit, and the jarate is blocked so why isnt the milk?

Just because something can be used for mfh doesn't mean it has to be completely blocked. and I think festive is tired of repeating it.
I have Never seen jarate/mad milk effect a jailbreak round other than being used to chase rebels and I have personally used it myself to catch and kill larger classes such as heavy/Soldier. I feel playing scout/sniper on blue would take a massive hit from their removal, Scout is already underpowered on blue compared to the other classes It doesn't need its only viable secondary removed.

80% of the time its newer players who stop after being warned and anyone with malicious intent to mfk wouldn't be doing it as scout/sniper to the extent where a full removal of the items are required.

By the Voting and Comments you can surely see how Awful of an idea this is.

Console

Harpreet <3
Staff Member
Admin
If people decide to break rules using a certain weapon, that's not the weapon's fault. Disabling these weapons won't discourage people from breaking rules, as there is a plethora of options, which is why Staff members and votes exist, to stop these people. I've seen many people equip the weapons listed above and use them properly, such as the Mad Milk, which even I tend to use regularly, and the Machina, and every other weapon, except Huo, but that's because people usually don't select Heavy :) I didn't have any input in the Jarate change, so I'm not sure why it was removed, but I don't see the practical use of removing any of these weapons.

Ginger

Truly Feared
There has been only one vote for Yes, and 17 votes for No. It seems everybody is against your suggestion. I find this enough to deny it.

Status
Not open for further replies.