Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Suggestion Regarding HP

Should we increase...

• OnlyHP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only Movement Speed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

warden

Scarcely Lethal
Before I outline the suggestion, let me put it on the record that this is a VERY controversial one, and I myself can think of many reasons for and against it.

Change Prisoner (or all Players') movement speed and HP to match regardless of classes. (ie. Everyone has 200hp and 107% Movement Speed - 107% is Medic's stock speed)

HEAR ME OUT!

So back in 2012 when I was on jailbreak more often, I remember the server I used to regular had the plugin change stuff up so that every prisoner had their HP and movement speed matched up, and this led to alot of benefits regarding class equity in games involving FF (Heavies didn't statistically last longer in Cell Wars / Pokemon Day / Meatgrinder).
All classes were also better suited to survive minigames that reduce HP overtime more equally, such as climb as everyone ran out of HP generally at the same time unless they were using an item that increased their baseHP or a passive regen item, but I feel people should be rewarded for their choice of loadouts in this situation. The matching of Prisoners HP also made it more fair for people who decide to rebel, as currently (atleast with the BHOP script) Heavies stand a much greater chance of getting away withouot being sniped or killed, the HP increase would help to resolve this for rebelling players as well as also reducing accidental freekills on light classes.

Now obviously there are some issues with this, such as the classes already being balanced in HP in the default settings, but this is balancing for a game where both teams are on a more even playing field, not one where the goal is to compete for minigames and fight your own teammates in melee combat (which the game is definitely not balanced towards by default).

SleeperStim

Gore-Spattered
Time to point out issues with this:

1. If all RED's were to have the same HP, then its really stupid imo, since especially on Pokemon Day, Meatgrinder, or Cellwars, Scouts still would suck due to their melee on the day, and then the hitreg is a major problem, which needs to be seriously fixed. Heavies with 200 HP is incorrect since heavies is the class with the most health, when you take that away, Heavy becomes the most useless class for certain days.

2. We have the Super Speed LR, why do we need more speed? Scouts are known for being the fastest class, but I still don't see why giving more speed is beneficial.

3. With the HP thing, on climb, yk you can either have a medic to heal you or use the health packs (unless your a dumb warden who says medics no healing)?

4. It does actually decrease accidental FK's but, there are standalone problems. It would be more easier to rebel when there is less guards with more HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.