Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Ginger's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger

Truly Feared
User name: Ginger

Name
Ginger

Your Age

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:436947275

Your DiscordID
Ginger#7337

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what server(s) would you like to moderate? Please list the server name and IP address.
The jailbreak server
85.117.240.70:27035

Why would you like to become a moderator?
So a few years back, around 2-3 years ago, I used to play on Flux very frequently and enjoyed playing on jailbreak a lot. I kept on seeing rule breakers and wanted to be able to do something about it instead of having to ask someone else. So I was actually going to apply for admin back then. But unfortunately, the servers became empty and people stopped playing on Flux. But now that Flux is back and people are playing on it, I feel like I can make a difference and stop all the rule breakers that I see.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Dova

When are you usually available to play?
My timezone is Central European Summer Time GMT +2, and on weekdays I would be able to play from 16:00 to 21:00 and on weekends, I would be able to play from 09:00 to 21:00

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
I made a spreadsheet on Excel but am unable to post an image here so I will just type it instead

Advertising Hacks: Permanent Silence - I have no tolerance towards hacking and find it unacceptable.

Hacking/Cheating: Permanent ban - Same reason for above.

Spamming in chat/microphone: Gag/Mute depending on how they are spamming. 1st - 15 minutes, 2nd - 1 hour, 3rd - 6 hours, 4th - 24 hours, 5th - 1 week, 6th - 3 weeks, 7th - permanent

Racism: Silenced each time. 1st - 1 day, 2nd - 1 week, 3rd - Permanent.

Speaking Non-English: Silenced each time. 1st - Warning, 2nd - 15 minutes, 3rd - 1 hour, 4th - 1 day, 5th - 1 week, 6th - Permanent.

Being very rude and unpleasant: Gag/Mute depending on if they were doing it in chat or mic. 1st - Warning, 2nd - 1 hour, 3rd - 1 day, 4th - 3 weeks, 4th - Permanent.

Admin impersonation: Banned each time. 1st - Kick, 2nd - 24 hours, 3rd - week, 4th - Permanent.

Calladmin abuse: Banned each time. 1st - Warning, 2nd - kick, 3rd - 24 hours, 4th - Week, 5th - Permanent.

Exploiting: Banned each time. 1st - Kick, 2nd - 12 hours, 3rd - 24 hours, 4th - Week, 5th - Permanent.

AFK: Moved to spectator each time.

Delaying the round: Warning first, and then each time after that is a slay.

Ghosting: Gagged each time. 1st - Warning, 2nd - 15 minutes, 3rd - 1 hour, 4th - 4 hours, 5th - 1 day, 6th - a week, 7th - 3 weeks, 8th - Permanent.

Freekilling: Teamban each time. 1st - Slay, 2nd - 30 minutes, 4th - 1 day, 5th - 1 week, 6th - Permanent

Mass Freekilling: Teamban each time. 1st - 1 day, 2nd - 1 week, 3rd - Permanent

Talking over warden/admin: Mute each time. 1st - Warning, 2nd - 5 minutes, 3rd - 15 minutes, 4th - 1 hour, 5th - 1 week, 6th - Permanent

NSFW spray: Permanent spray ban until person changes spray.

Freehitting: Teamban each time. 1st - Warning, 2nd - Slay, 3rd - 30 minutes, 4th - 1 day, 5th - 1 week, 6th - Permanent

Armory/Medic camping: Give a warning first and then slay each time. I think anything more than a slay is just excessive.

Team killing: Teamban each time. 1st - Slay, 2nd - 30 minutes, 3rd - 1 day, 4th - 1 week, 5th - Permanent.

Favouritism: Teamban each time. 1st - Slay, 2nd - 1 hour, 3rd - 1 day, 4th - 1 week, 5th - Permanent.

Blu's going against warden's orders: Teamban each time. 1st - Slay, 2nd - 15 minutes, 3rd - 1 hour, 4th - 1 day, 5th - 1 week, 6th - Permanent,

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I did used to be a donor and I feel like I used the donor commands to their full potential to punish rule breakers effectively. I am very confident in my knowledge of the jailbreak rules and will be able to stop people claiming that something is not allowed or vice versa.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Console

Harpreet <3
Staff Member
Admin
Heyo Ginger, nice to see more JB players applying. After doing a quick review of your logs, they seem really optimal. You’ve had no commblocks or bans done to you, and your chatlogs are very clean. Only part of the application that had caught my attention was your punishment ladder. You seem to get the main idea of how rulebreakers are punished with an escalation system, which is good, but there are still a few things catching my eye. Personally, I don’t see the need for any punishment under 30 minutes, as after a player gets a warning, they should know better than to continue breaking rules, and 5 or 15 minute punishment after that seems a little low to me. That issue is minor, however this issue is slightly more prevalent. On your punishment section, you make many large jumps on the timing. Some examples of this are jumping from 1 day to 1 week, and from 1 week to a permanent punishment. These jumps are too strict and should have some lengths added in between the listed gaps. Other than those 2 issues, you seem like a good applicant and I wish you luck on this application. :)

Ginger

Truly Feared
Thank you for your feedback. If I do happen to get accepted then I will remember this when I am punishing people. I understand not to be too extreme whether it is too small of a punishment or too big of a jump.

CashPrizes

Fajo the Money
Staff Member
Owner
Sorry for the delay. I've been meaning to get to this.

I'd like to welcome you the Staff team. We feel that you would make a good addition to the expanding list of Moderators. You will receive a message from me on Discord with additional information.

Status
Not open for further replies.