Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Ban shoot or dont shoot

Should we ban it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banana

Uncharitable
Most communities have banned it so I'm confused that its allowed here of all places. It isn't really fun nor fair for reds.

Sonny

Scarcely Lethal
Made a forum account to comment on the stupidity of this game and how much I hate it.

BLAZEDbyCASH

Unremarkable
Its really dumb and not very fun its very 1 sided and i never had fun with this pls ban it Im not a huge fan of banning things but its so one sided and its not fun your either get people that spam shoot or that spam dont shoot

Banana

Uncharitable
Okay since there’s genuine opposition here’s the deal.
For anyone that doesn’t know what this is, it’s a mini game that’s very dumb.
Reds line up, facing away from blus
Warden aims at a Red, asks a Red (might be the same Red, might not) "shoot or dont shoot"
If "shoot", Warden kills the Red, if "dont shoot", Warden spares him (obviously)
3 Dont Shoots and he kills a random Red.
It’s basically freekill the mini game, there’s a reason it’s banned from practically every jailbreak server.

festive god

Is it this? im old i don't understandddddddd
Staff Member
Admin
Its just another form of Russian roulette in my head but just more thrilling because now instead of the game itself killing you it could be yourself or a teammate and in some maps like the undertale map idk if it applies to all the Russian roulette they can only fit a certain amount of players so this game can just be a alternate option to it And to add on if Shoot or dont shoot is freekill doesnt that apply to russian roulette as well yet we still play those games its all by chance to die and its like you could improve your chances of winning or not

Banana

Uncharitable
via chance like the game
thats not true, because the warden CHOOSES who to kill, the decision isn't done by a robot like in russian roulette or four corners or any other game revolving around RNG.

Banana

Uncharitable
warden holding the gun and the reds just shooting it
Not true because reds do not have a real choice.
To sum up the only arguments I’ve heard against this are the following.
“It’s OG” which is dumb for reasons I think I don’t have to explain.
“It’s fun” which is also kinda dumb since it doesn’t take away from the fact that it’s just freekilling as a mini game.

oofy_the_duck

Sufficiently Lethal
yeah people who really want to freekill or something but doesnt want to slay or get tban they can do that mini game i guess i dont know that much about the game

festive god

Staff Member
Admin
Reds have a say in who they kill because they make the choice shoot or dont shoot warden has to move onto a different target everytime a red does that so they do have a choice until its been said a third time in a row in doing so the warden just randomly kills a red why dont they have a choice

festive god

Staff Member
Admin
Also my arugments are define as its OG its fun and its not freekill since its all random and all you said its freekill and that most communites have banned it though the only communites i know of are wonderland and blackwonader.tf but than agian I am from Usa and this is an Eu sever so they may be more over there or something idk

Sonny

Scarcely Lethal
Just because its og doesn't = Fun in modern day jailbreak i've seen this minigame be abused by less competent wardens and all it does is stall rounds and ruin the experience of jailbreak as a whole turning it into a mundane experience for the 99% who aren't the warden.
a restriction should at least be added due to the fact it can be easily abused to ruin rounds by wardens who are a little low on points.

The minigame overall is easily abused and in my opinion a cheap boring and unfun minigame which is only protected under the sentiment "BuT iTS oG" If warden wants to play a minigame to thin reds there's Any Minigame On The Map,

Ontop of that russian roulette is already on a good majority of the maps and is Actually Random warden shouldn't have to rely on a cheap gimic minigame which was made 5years ago to kill reds

In conclusion minigame sucks because warden gets to choose who he shoots and it should at least be restricted to a specific amount of reds and or after a minigame banning it completely would be ideal due to the nature of the game itself being borderline unfair.

festive god

Staff Member
Admin
Now your blaming the game for incompetent wardens? that's not really fair to the game itself if the round is delay don't blame the game blame the warden, the game should be quick as it doesn't really require much work to get it done and as such. Also easily abused for what? I still fail to see how its unfair or can be use as free kill because its not like the warden knows who he is shooting as its suppose to be random. It may be old but it stills holds up in my eyes. Its a great game and its genuinely fun if use correctly. Also you say warden can use any game on the map to thin the reds so why not use shoot or dont shoot. Don't make the bad wardens the reason the game should be ban that's totally ridiculous. Bad wardens are usually just inexperienced wardens and they will of course have issues trying to do this minigame but they can also have issues doing any mini game if they aren't use or know how to do. In the end BLAME THE PLAYER NOT THE GAME

Sonny

Scarcely Lethal
Now your blaming the game for incompetent wardens? that's not really fair to the game itself if the round is delay don't blame the game blame the warden, the game should be quick as it doesn't really require much work to get it done and as such. Also easily abused for what? I still fail to see how its unfair or can be use as free kill because its not like the warden knows who he is shooting as its suppose to be random. It may be old but it stills holds up in my eyes. Its a great game and its genuinely fun if use correctly. Also you say warden can use any game on the map to thin the reds so why not use shoot or dont shoot. Don't make the bad wardens the reason the game should be ban that's totally ridiculous. Bad wardens are usually just inexperienced wardens and they will of course have issues trying to do this minigame but they can also have issues doing any mini game if they aren't use or know how to do. In the end BLAME THE PLAYER NOT THE GAME

If you're focusing on the fact I mentioned incompetent wardens you're missing the entire point of my post and are justifying the game being allowed on a bias while ignoring all of my other points,

Why should they keep a game with zero upsides and several downsides?

Status
Not open for further replies.