Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Add "Highertower_Extended (Limitless) to The Map Rotation

Should this map be added to the rotation?

• Yes , i love it

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No , i despise it

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak[DZ]

Wicked Nasty
Greetings,
I'm suggesting the addition of "Highertower_extended"or as i like to call it "Highertower_limitless" , Basically highertower but limitless with previously unreachable areas now reachable and playable with some terrain even containing ammo and hp boxes , the spawns of both teams are perfectly covered meaning there is no way to abuse the land to spawncamp or shoot through walls or see through them etc , as i previously mentioned this allows for countless strategies and gameplays , whether you're a sniper who wants to go "tryhard" mode or an engineer who wants to chill with nest or a friendly hoovy who just wants a chill-corner with other friendlies ,the now huge land this map offers allows for it and for more as you'll find players scrambled around the huge terrain. Below are some screenshots of the map :
-
IF you want to try out the map for yourself , the included link at the beginning leads to the map in steam workshop which has details on how to move the map to your tf2 directory and then launch it inside the game)
plr_highertower_extended0008.pngplr_highertower_extended0006.pngplr_highertower_extended0010.pngplr_highertower_extended0007.pngplr_highertower_extended0011.pngplr_highertower_extended0004.pngplr_highertower_extended0005.pngplr_highertower_extended0002.pngplr_highertower_extended0001.png

dork

Notably Dangerous
Played it before and I find it fun as hell. Maybe an in-game vote on highertower could aid ;)

dork

Notably Dangerous
What server would this map be on? If it's on highertower, I'd have to vote against this, hightower works well enough, adding the extra areas would just cause a big increase in snipers and engies.

^^^^^^^ a separate server would work, but implementing into current highertower would be an uh oh

Zak[DZ]

Wicked Nasty
What server would this map be on? If it's on highertower, I'd have to vote against this, hightower works well enough, adding the extra areas would just cause a big increase in snipers and engies.
It will be added into the map rotation , not changed to main map so i guess if the majority hates 2 snipers they just rtv

SleeperStim

Gore-Spattered
I say no on this, since engies could nest constantly at the edge of the map so it would be harder for people to reach. And could lead to C & D spies hiding in spots where nobody could see them.

Zak[DZ]

Wicked Nasty
I say no on this, since engies could nest constantly at the edge of the map so it would be harder for people to reach. And could lead to C & D spies hiding in spots where nobody could see them.
Its just more strategies and playstyles but nothing like exploiting

Zak[DZ]

Wicked Nasty
If i understand correctly , you dont like it because engies can nest at far distances which they cant kill players from and are somewhat hard to reach ; and bc spies will cloack ?

SleeperStim

Gore-Spattered
If i understand correctly , you dont like it because engies can nest at far distances which they cant kill players from and are somewhat hard to reach ; and bc spies will cloack ?
No, i just dont want to see a whole team of engies nesting at the edge of the map, and c&d spies hiding in spots in spots impossible to reach.

Zak[DZ]

Wicked Nasty
No, i just dont want to see a whole team of engies nesting at the edge of the map, and c&d spies hiding in spots in spots impossible to reach.
If engies have fun building a nest at the very edge why not allow it , you can be a sniper and hunt them if you wish ,as for spies they dont need more space to vanish if they're being hunted its really easy if you know where to head.

Zak[DZ]

Wicked Nasty
The increase in engies is just a different strategy but theres literally a lot of space that by all means even with 4 engies you can still rome as much as you want and not have to worry about them,if they'll get bored if kills is what they're looking for ; but if their playstyle is already to chill next to his nest then it has nothing to do with the map its just the way he plays , as for snipers it just adds a bit of fun but no one place can cover all land ,best location i can think of is high up in the tower which is already accessible with the currently used map.

SleeperStim

Gore-Spattered
If engies have fun building a nest at the very edge why not allow it , you can be a sniper and hunt them if you wish ,as for spies they dont need more space to vanish if they're being hunted its really easy if you know where to head.
I mean, i dont really care about nests, but when there is a whole team of engies at the edge nesting, it would be annoying for the other team since they just have a massive nest at the edge making it not fun for the other team

SleeperStim

Gore-Spattered
How? They don’t have to use that part of the map, plus it’s not impossible to destroy a engie nest go a demo and medic or some combo like that and it’s over
Fair point, but they can usually go to other parts of the map to make a massive nest in a spot nobody can reach or take out. You would need a demo with a Loch n Load since of the damage boost on builds.

festive god

Is it this? im old i don't understandddddddd
Staff Member
Admin
Again, I don’t see a real issue here anyways. If u have an issue with people just building a nest, then no map will work for because people build nests and they don’t have to affect you. If a nest that’s huge that’s not really built by you or your spawn, why the hell would you care? Idk your argument about nests being the issue is not only incorrect, it doesn’t even make sense . Please try and find a legitimate issue, this building a nest crap is just going in circles.

Zak[DZ]

Wicked Nasty
I mean, i dont really care about nests, but when there is a whole team of engies at the edge nesting, it would be annoying for the other team since they just have a massive nest at the edge making it not fun for the other team
If its at the very edge it it will barely shoot anyone
If its at the corner theres still countless playground and its still easily beatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.