Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A Few Map Suggestions for the 2Fort Server

Cast a vote , Multiple Choices Enabled

• Add All Of Them

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Add 2Fort_Night Only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Add 2Fort_Jungle Only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Add 2Fort_Improved Only

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Add None

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak[DZ]

Wicked Nasty
Seeing that 2fort has been active recently and since I'm getting creative wasting precious time that i should spend studying , I decided to look for a few variants of the map ctf_2fort for the purpose of making the server more enjoyable , Below are three nominees gathered from the steam workshop. The maps can be put on vote-list or a map cycle. ( I have everything covered in screenshots so you don't have to download the maps)

1- 2Fort Night :
Basically the regular 2fort with minor additions in the form of spawn exits and some playground within the intelligence area and an additional exit facing the bridge at both sides. (sorry for the bad quality , the quality was lost in the process of conversion from tga to png) (the changes are symmetrical so they exist on both sides)
ctf_2fort_night_extended0001.pngctf_2fort_night_extended0003.pngctf_2fort_night_extended0005.pngctf_2fort_night_extended0007.pngctf_2fort_night_extended0009.pngctf_2fort_night_extended0011.pngctf_2fort_night_extended0012.pngctf_2fort_night_extended0015.pngctf_2fort_night_extended0016.pngctf_2fort_night_extended0018.png

Download link : Steam Workshop

2- 2Fort Jungle:
Not quite sure but i believe we already had this before the servers were relocated to a new hosting machine , its a literal replicate of the regular 2fort map but with some fabulous and astonishing textures.

was limited by file attachment restrictions so here's a link to an album : https://ibb.co/album/vDnWrY

Download link : Steam Workshop

3- 2Fort Improved :
This is definitely a must-have , as it has a list of improvements ranging from additions of multiple spawn exits to extension of playground and routes to adequate placement of mini-health and ammunition kits, screenshots include almost everything. The widening of the bridge itself and the area surrounding it along with facilitating the navigation of the lake is the most noticeable feature of this map.

In detail : Middle playground area widened and made easier to navigate , addition of two spawn exits to the narrow tiny spawn room , addition of a route to the sewers , addition of a vent shortcut leading directly to the intelligence , addition of another exit to the main spawn room , replacement of the spawn in intelligence area with a tiny cave-like area next to the intelligence containing large kits for both health packets and ammunition -isnt fair having a spawn right next to intel- , a tiny room within intelligence room already existing in regular 2fort made accessible and finally mini kits spread fairly)

Album Link : https://ibb.co/album/mCTGsn

Download Link : Steam Workshop

Last edited:

kringu

Lv.85 Ball Inspector
Staff Member
Admin
The maps look and play way better than regular 2fort but in my opinion, people who play 2fort just come for default 2fort on the server browser, if they see a variation they'll be reluctant to try it. Just what I have seen, same with variations of cp_orange and dustbowl. Some people leave as soon as they realize they have to wait 20 seconds to download the map. TF2 players are a different breed.

Zak[DZ]

Wicked Nasty
The maps look and play way better than regular 2fort but in my opinion, people who play 2fort just come for default 2fort on the server browser, if they see a variation they'll be reluctant to try it. Just what I have seen, same with variations of cp_orange and dustbowl. Some people leave as soon as they realize they have to wait 20 seconds to download the map. TF2 players are a different breed.
Good point , but you cant disregard the pros of the maps i suggested and what improvements they offer ,players who leave immediately are less likely to become frequent players regardless of whether they had to download a map or not , they fail to experience the fun of the map and the playstyles it has to offer just because they can't endure a few seconds on the download screen ,the maps are not that big in size either.

Ginger

Truly Feared
I think it's not just the download time, a lot of people like to play on maps that they are familiar with, such as regular ol 2fort. Not a lot of people like change and variety in maps past the first time they play it tbh.

Zak[DZ]

Wicked Nasty
I think it's not just the download time, a lot of people like to play on maps that they are familiar with, such as regular ol 2fort. Not a lot of people like change and variety in maps past the first time they play it tbh.
Fair point but to my opinion the changes do not affect the core of the 2fort gameplay experience , it just adds a few playstyles and facilitates a few things (talking about 2fort_improved) plus they won't replace the map but rather either be triggered by !rtv or put in a map cycle loop .

Status
Not open for further replies.