Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Value votes from regulars more.

Should votes from regulars count more than votes of those who barely even play on the server?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vult

Unremarkable
Seems to me that all the polls we do for the highertower server gets flooded with votes from people that don't even play on the server.
Probably regulars on other servers that for some reason feel a need to have an opinion on things that don't concern them.
I find it stupid that their votes are couted the same as those who play on the server every day.

There should be some sort of system to adjust for this.
I think it would lead to results that are much more representative of what the playerbase on a server acutally wants.

Mrsolaja

Unremarkable
This poll would be more fair to the people who usually play flux servers highertower especially since random people who don't like the idea of whoever's poll their looking at can just vote against it, even though they haven't played the server the poll would be applied for

reggie

Sure let's take votes from everybody, even some people who have not opened tf2 in years let alone even been on a flux sever, some people should not be allowed to vote due to their lack of, let's say knowledge of the current game status. Flux is like the ugly sever in the corner you play it when the uncletopia is down or full, flux COULD be good but the lack of coms with the server admins to get simple quality of life changes is like trying to play with a dead dog, it does not do anything.

festive god

Is it this? im old i don't understandddddddd
Staff Member
Admin
Sure let's take votes from everybody, even some people who have not opened tf2 in years let alone even been on a flux sever, some people should not be allowed to vote due to their lack of, let's say knowledge of the current game status. Flux is like the ugly sever in the corner you play it when the uncletopia is down or full, flux COULD be good but the lack of coms with the server admins to get simple quality of life changes is like trying to play with a dead dog, it does not do anything.
Can ya like, give an example of some players who don’t play the game mode that voted on a change?

BabyBARKing

Sufficiently Lethal
Seems to me that all the polls we do for the highertower server gets flooded with votes from people that don't even play on the server.
Probably regulars on other servers that for some reason feel a need to have an opinion on things that don't concern them.
I find it stupid that their votes are couted the same as those who play on the server every day.

There should be some sort of system to adjust for this.
I think it would lead to results that are much more representative of what the playerbase on a server acutally wants.
i am a regular now

Banana

Uncharitable
All votes are valid and equal in worth
I personally don’t think this is true.
If it’s any consolation, we have discussed the possibility of using in game server wide votes regarding issues like RTD and possibly others.

Console

Harpreet <3
Staff Member
Admin
People are entitled to their opinion. Simple as that. Just because they spend less time playing TF2 on a particular server doesn’t mean they have less say in a vote regarding a change on said server. If the issue is in dire need of change, a vote would show this by a large margin, and that change would be made.
This doesn’t mean that players who main the server deserve more valuable votes to tip the scales in their favor, it just means that as a community, a majority of people enjoy the server and voted according to how they’d like the server from their perspective. Opinions vary, and devaluing other people’s opinions in a community server is something I am very much against.

BabyBARKing

Sufficiently Lethal
People are entitled to their opinion. Simple as that. Just because they spend less time playing TF2 on a particular server doesn’t mean they have less say in a vote regarding a change on said server. If the issue is in dire need of change, a vote would show this by a large margin, and that change would be made.
This doesn’t mean that players who main the server deserve more valuable votes to tip the scales in their favor, it just means that as a community, a majority of people enjoy the server and voted according to how they’d like the server from their perspective. Opinions vary, and devaluing other people’s opinions in a community server is something I am very much against.
Yes thenk you papa console for this enlightening post <3

Vult

Unremarkable
All votes are valid and equal in worth
I think it would make sense to require a certain amount of playtime on the server, maybe a day or something.
Accepting votes from people who used to be active who want to bring the server back to a state they like makes sense.
Me voting on a change specific to the JB servers when I have no context for it and never play on them does not.

Vult

Unremarkable
Here is a thought experiment.
If flux were to have a silly server and a serious server.
Votes from people on the other server would pull the votes away from what the actual playerbase wants.
Same thing is happening here.

Noodl

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Owner
Hightower isn't like Jailbreak which is so far removed from TF2 that unless you play it, nothing makes sense. Everyone and their dog has played plr_hightower before, Flux or not.

You'll also find the "regular" players you want to put on a pedestal are actually a vocal minority and quite small compared to actual player intake.

Everyone knows what rtd and crits are, and changing one changes the vibe of the server, in a way that clearly isn't supported well. I wouldn't want to remove them either.

HoneyBadger

6U TE2H PMV8
Staff Member
Never see you on Highertower, yet you voted on the random crits poll.

There's something called timezones. We play at different timings and based on our school or work schedule. Doesn't mean you're not a regular, you don't have the opportunity to vote. Everyone has equal opportunity in life.

"I have not been discriminated by a racist, yet I voted against racism"

"I have not used an iPhone, yet I voted on the iPhone colour contest."

Same thing.

festive god

Staff Member
Admin
So, you accuse me of not playing on Hightower, cause u haven’t seen me. Yet I do play on it and have played with you. This is an issue I think y’all aren’t seeing. Everyone has their voice and thoughts. I try to play on all severs of flux, have I? Probably not. Doesn’t mean my thoughts mean any less then someone else. Every person has their right to voice their thoughts. You don’t get more importance because you play on the sever more regularly then other people.

Vult

Unremarkable
So, you accuse me of not playing on Hightower, cause u haven’t seen me. Yet I do play on it and have played with you. This is an issue I think y’all aren’t seeing. Everyone has their voice and thoughts. I try to play on all severs of flux, have I? Probably not. Doesn’t mean my thoughts mean any less then someone else. Every person has their right to voice their thoughts. You don’t get more importance because you play on the sever more regularly then other people.
Wait, what even is your steam, because nobody in the steam group goes by "festive god", your steam does not show on your forum or discord. Also I asume this is just an oversight but in case you misread, I said highertower, not hightower.
Basically the only staff that that we see on highertower is Dork and Banana. (more active staff would be nice *cough*LightBurn*cough*)

festive god

Staff Member
Admin
Wait, what even is your steam, because nobody in the steam group goes by "festive god", your steam does not show on your forum or discord. Also I asume this is just an oversight but in case you misread, I said highertower, not hightower.
Basically the only staff that that we see on highertower is Dork and Banana. (more active staff would be nice *cough*LightBurn*cough*)
Undercover my man, I’m always undercover. I know it was you cause u were playing solider with the air strike, I think it was an skin unusual. Dork knew it was me. Anyways getting off point, you can see people do play Hightower. Don’t be assuming they don’t cause you don’t seem em.

Sugar

real femboy
All votes should be counted equal
Our regulars are a small group of people not a huge one
So a regular vote shouldn't be more
They should be equal

SleeperStim

Gore-Spattered
This is technically favourtism, since you cannot allow regulars votes to be more represented, they are equal, strong no.

Vult

Unremarkable
This is technically favourtism, since you cannot allow regulars votes to be more represented, they are equal, strong no.
Just to clarify a bit. I think the requirement should be at least a day or two worth of time on the server before you can vote on polls related to the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.