Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Update jb_bootcamp_v4 suggestion

Should this suggestion be accepted?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kringu

Lv.85 Ball Inspector
Staff Member
Admin
Username:

Which map is the suggestion about?
jb_bootcamp_v4

What is suppose to happen to the map? Update

Why do you want this map change? I don't know how it's gone unnoticed for so long, but if you do not have this map pre-downloaded already, it does not automatically download it by connecting and it kicks you. It tells you that you're missing jb_bootcamp_v4.bsp.

The reason for this most likely is that people are redirected to a dead link FTP, basically what that means is the the map isn't able to be downloaded through connecting because the link doesn't redirect to the file download anymore. It makes sense considering you can't even manually download this map anywhere including GameBanana, because the creator removed it. I only found this out after doing a clean install of my game and I actually tried it on a completely separate computer as well.

The fix to this would be to update the map to the available version on GameBanana, v6_beta or v5a (which is stable). But also I wonder if any of the other maps are outdated and aren't able to be downloaded by new players because of dead links.

Last edited:

Zak[DZ]

Wicked Nasty
jb_bootcamp_v4 exists and is downloadable incase you're facing 'missing maps' issue ,we haven't updated to other version bc it is believed their unstable.

kringu

Lv.85 Ball Inspector
Staff Member
Admin
@Zak[DZ] thank you for the link, I was wrong about the map not being able to be downloaded. But I think there's still a problem, which is that when you connect, the map that gets downloaded has a capital Jb, and the map it looks for when you connect is jb_bootcamp_v4. So anyone who tries to connect is getting Jb_bootcamp, and the server thinks it's not the same map so it kicks you.

I might be wrong, and this could just be a issue with me. If you're able to connect to the map, does the file in your downloads/maps have a capital J? I have a picture of my files below and proof that I can't connect. I have read a thread in tf2maps.net that talks about this issue and they've said something along the lines of this, that capitalization matters for files on for Linux-based servers: https://tf2maps.net/threads/nail-in-the-bloody-missing-map-glitch.21905/

1636135239267.png
1636135990747.png

Last edited:

kringu

Lv.85 Ball Inspector
Staff Member
Admin
Jb_bootcamp_v4 is the one that is listed in the tf/maps index you posted, and jb_bootcamp_v4 is the one the server is checking for, for clarification.

Edit: It definitely happens to other people because I asked two friends (who don't play jailbreak but other servers) and they couldn't connect when the map was bootcamp. Same error.

Last edited:

kringu

Lv.85 Ball Inspector
Staff Member
Admin
try dowen load it from wonderlan
I got it to work, but it's still an issue for someone who wants to join the server without going to another server to download the map. And, at least through GameBanana, you can't download v4.

CashPrizes

Fajo the Money
Staff Member
Owner
Fastdownload is functioning properly and if it wasn't I'm sure Benedevil would have informed me.

Jailbreak has been pretty dead as of late so updating it to v6 wouldn't solve that issue, or its instability.

Status
Not open for further replies.