Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Trade server rules update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumm

i think it would be beneficial to accommodate duels for items and scams and such into the rules for some of your trade servers, I've seen the activities on the rise in some of the trade servers, and think it would be nice to add "do not scam players", or "fleeing from paying out after loss" to the little rules bar, just to make it a more obvious punishable act. because i do feel bad for the people who get a duel set up, get really into it, then the loser leaves and the guy kinda just has to suck it up.

i do not know how this has been handled previously or at all, but if it hasnt been accounted for i feel like many would appreciate it none the less

Hugo

Sufficiently Lethal
I play on the flux Us trade server alot in my spare time and to be quite honest having an admin monitor every little action that takes place on the server no matter how dishonest it is would be difficult. This is a good idea but would require a huge amount of dedication from admins on the server to actively go out of their way to check trades and see what everyone is doing etc, quite frankly it would be wasting their time when they could either be having actual fun playing the game whilst still doing the usual admins stuff or sorting out other issues which would be more serious.

Jim

Tonk
Pretty sure there's a tag on any marked scammer that says SCAMMER in thicc caps.

Aubble

Time Traveler
For most of the people who actually know who I am are aware I spend a lot of time on the trade server (although not recently, computer being repaired), and I understand your concerns. I would assume you're familiar with how there is a full list of rules here on the forums, and that some of them may or may not correspond with that of the 5 or 6 rules that pop up whenever you join the server. This "popup" is actually completely outdated, and as of now us admins are completely at a loss for changing it, as it involves changing server files, which only the owner can do.

I will suggest to him adding something along the lines of what you've suggested, but until then, do your best to report any suspicious behaviors involving scams and bet-running (failing to pay up after a loss).

Thank you for your suggestion!

Aubble

Time Traveler
Pretty sure there's a tag on any marked scammer that says SCAMMER in thicc caps.
I've never seen something like that on the trade server before...
Sometimes I ban people for being marked as scammers on steamrep, but I only see that if for some reason I check their backpack.tf page.

Status
Not open for further replies.