Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Top's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bork
User name: Top

Name

Your Age

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? Yes

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? Yes

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:84400311

Your DiscordID
Breadskate#8779

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
Pbfortress servers back in 2015/2016

On what server(s) would you like to moderate? Please list the server name and IP address.
Jailbreak server
85.117.240.70:27035

Why would you like to become a moderator?
Ive been helping the jailbreak server as much as i could, convincing freekillers to chill and explaining rules and teaching new wardens and such and i wanted to have the ability to help more since sometimes i feel a bit guilty if something bad happens on the server and im called and cant help. I would like to get people to have an enjoyable experience when they join flux servers and to see the best side not the side with the freekillers and unsavoury spammers and such. Im confident in my ability to manage the server and be fun and approachable at the same time, making a balance and being professional at the same time.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

When are you usually available to play?
I can be on around the nightime from 7pm or so to 7am since im pretty much awake all night.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
Hacking
-Instant permaban

Freekilling (Accidental)
1st - Slay
2nd -Slay and 30 minute guardban
3rd- 1 hour guardban
4th- 2 hour guardban
5th- 1 day guardban
6th - Perma

Freekilling (Intentional)

1st- 30 minute guardban
2nd- 1 hour guardban
3rd - 2 hour guardban
4th- 1 day guardban
5th - Perma

Micspamming/Talking over warden
1st - Warning
2nd - 30 minute mute
3rd - 1 hour mute
4th - 2 hour mute
5th - 1 day mute
6th- Perma

Chat spamming
1st - Warning
2nd - 30 minute gag
3rd - 1 hour gag
4th - 1 day gag
5th - 3 day gag
6th - Perma

Racism/Toxicity (With the intent of attacking someone on the server)
1st - 1 hour mute/gag
2nd - 1 day mute/gag
3rd - 3 day mute/gag
4th - 1 week mute/gag
5th - Perma

Exploiting
1st - Warning
2nd - 1 hour ban
3rd - 1 day ban
4th - 1 week ban
5th - Perma

Delaying
1st - Slay
2nd - 30 minute guardban
3rd - 1 hour guardban
4th - Final warning + 2 hour guardban
5th - Perma

Afk - Switched to spec

Ignoring Wardens orders/working against the warden (I hate this specifically)
1st - Warning
2nd - 1 hour guardban
3rd - 2 hour guardban
4th - 1 week guardban + final warning
5th - Perma guardban

Exposing Staff
1st - 1 hour gag+mute
2nd - 2 hour gag+mute
3rd- Perma gag+mute

Freehitting and Mass bait

1st - Warning
2nd - 30 minute guardban
3rd - 1 hour guardban
4th - 2 hour guardban
5th - 1 day guardban

Advertising in chat (Gag for all)
1st - Warning
2nd - 1 hour
3rd - 2 hour
4th - 1 day

Ghosting
1st - Warning
2nd - 1 hour gag
3rd - 2 hour gag
4th - 1 day gag + final warning
5th - Perma gag

Inappropiate Spray
1st - Warning + delete the spray
2nd - 1 hour sprayban
3rd - Perma spray ban

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
For me context is everything and of course there are going to be different situations with intent and accidents so im pretty lenient with my punishments here but if the situation calls for it the punishments could be a lot more serious or a lot more calm. Pbfortress was an old community back in the day but sadly it doesnt exist anymore but i did learn sourcemod from it so im pretty fast at typing commands and working around the console. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

adam

a stupid
Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? No
Pretty sure we have spoken before.

Well hi there Top, I haven't exactly seen you a lot perhaps due to some inactivity from my side but I can say that you've been a well-mature guy on the Jailbreak server the few times I've encountered you.
I'm going to stay neutral and probably leaning towards a positive till I encounter you more, or till other administrators or moderators give their own opinionated votes and based on them, I'll go with what they say.

Reactions: Top

CashPrizes

Fajo the Money
Staff Member
Owner
Previous application for reference:

Bork
Pretty sure we have spoken before.

Well hi there Top, I haven't exactly seen you a lot perhaps due to some inactivity from my side but I can say that you've been a well-mature guy on the Jailbreak server the few times I've encountered you.
I'm going to stay neutral and probably leaning towards a positive till I encounter you more, or till other administrators or moderators give their own opinionated votes and based on them, I'll go with what they say.
Ahh sorry i didnt hit you up you were called something else at the time plus i didnt talk to you enough to really put you down ukno? Im down to talk to you more though you're pretty chill.

Zak[DZ]

Wicked Nasty
Hi Top ; i never met you in-game but i've talked to you once or twice in flux's discord server channels , also talked to you about the corruption game , you seem like a kind mature guy ; although your logs might not be clear but nothing too big to be mentioned just casual interactions ; i believe you do have the ability to handle the required and expected responsibilities of a mod ; +1 from me :)

Reactions: Top

Console

Harpreet <3
Staff Member
Admin
Heyo Top, nice to see some more Jailbreak players want to be applying. The first thing that caught my attention on this application was your new punishment ladder, which is a good improvement from your old app, but it could still take some improvement, as the timing you've entered is far too strict and escalates to a permanent punishment far too quickly. Moving past that, there's something I'd like to mention, which has become apparent from my limited interaction with you in the server and seeing you play as you do. The way you behave on servers is very differentiating depending on whether or not staff members are online. I've noticed that the way you act around us is far more professional than when there are no staff members on, which is slightly worrying, as if we don't know how you truly are, it's hard to judge you as an applicant. This isn't to say that being professional is a bad thing, it's just that, I find it hard to believe that you are truly ready to be a staff member at this time due to this. With that being said, this is my opinion on you from my limited time on Jailbreak, but as someone who has experienced all sorts of Jailbreak players over my time on other communities, having a sixth sense for this type of stuff is a natural side effect :meat:

Bork
Heyo Top, nice to see some more Jailbreak players want to be applying. The first thing that caught my attention on this application was your new punishment ladder, which is a good improvement from your old app, but it could still take some improvement, as the timing you've entered is far too strict and escalates to a permanent punishment far too quickly. Moving past that, there's something I'd like to mention, which has become apparent from my limited interaction with you in the server and seeing you play as you do. The way you behave on servers is very differentiating depending on whether or not staff members are online. I've noticed that the way you act around us is far more professional than when there are no staff members on, which is slightly worrying, as if we don't know how you truly are, it's hard to judge you as an applicant. This isn't to say that being professional is a bad thing, it's just that, I find it hard to believe that you are truly ready to be a staff member at this time due to this. With that being said, this is my opinion on you from my limited time on Jailbreak, but as someone who has experienced all sorts of Jailbreak players over my time on other communities, having a sixth sense for this type of stuff is a natural side effect :meat:
Thanks for replying bud i just wanted to say that i can be a bit more chill however im basically the same and its not as if im actively breaking rules and mass freekilling when the admins are off. I actually sometimes am a lot more professional to keep people from breaking rules and telling people off and such and quite a few people would know that. I know i dont have staff to be back me up on this since im usually on nightime but if i had the chance i know i could genuinely help the server and prove myself to be a useful person to the jailbreak server and flux. Ive only seen you once or twice to be fair so i could see your point but given the time i could prove you wrong.

Bork
Ive improved the punishment ladder a little bit so hopefully its up to standard, sorry if it isnt the most clean app but hopefully my points come across :)

CashPrizes

Fajo the Money
Staff Member
Owner
Hi Top,

While this is an improved application compared to your last, at this time, you are not the right candidate.

Your "professionalism" is too inconsistent compared to how you actually present yourself in front of Staff. There have been occurrences when an Admin was using a different alias and witnessed you breaking rules, on more than one occasion. Ultimately, my decisions are heavily impacted by the feedback presented by the regular players, admins, and/or mods.

Feel free to reapply in 30 days once a positive change has been displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.