Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Pseudovalide's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pseudovalide

Unremarkable
Staff Member
Username:

Name
Pseudovalide

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days of accumulative playtime on our servers? Yes

Does your Steam account have a VAC ban on record? No

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? No

Have you read the guide on how to apply? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:0:99083846

Your DiscordID
I don't use Discord.

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what server(s) would you like to moderate? Please list the server name and IP address.
Orange | 100% Crits - 85.117.240.74:27055

Why would you like to become a moderator?
This server attracts many cheaters, especially snipers who can kill half of the classes in one hit, and it takes a long time to get rid of them because of the lack of active admins (at least in my timezone). What pushed me to create this account and apply here, was a cheater spawncamping our team for at least half an hour. I'm quite active on the server and have played for enough time to distinguish an aimbotter from a really good player, so while I'm online, I could 'protect' the server as best as I can.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

When are you usually available to play?
Evening and night (CET), any day. Hours may vary.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
Suspected cheating/hacking: Record a demo watching the player for an unspecified amount of time. If at any point it seems as the player is really cheating, stop the demo and ban the player.

Advertising hacks: Screenshot the chat, permanently silence the player.

Racism/Bigotry: Warn the player first. For repeated offences, gag or mute for 2 hours, 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month, permanently.
Circumventing a gag by talking (or a mute by typing) the exact same bigotry is considered a repeated offense of the next tier, and the player will be silenced instead.

Voice Spam: Playing music or sound effects at a reasonable volume is tolerated. The point isn't to ban fun, a guy playing the Doom theme on a killing spree is okay. However, actual voice spamming will be met with a warning, then 2 hours, 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month, and permanent mutes.

Chat spam: There isn't really any 'fun' reason to spam the chat. Any chat spam will be met with a warning, then 2 hours, 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month, and permanent gags.

Inappropriate/Offensive Sprays: Screenshot the offence, permanently spray ban the player.

Speaking foreign languages: Warn the player first. On repeated offences, gag or mute for 2 hours, 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month, permanently.
Circumventing a gag by talking (or a mute by typing) and still talking in a foreign language is considered a repeated offense of the next tier, and the player will be silenced instead.

Exploiting: Really depends on the exploit. Someone attempting an exploit to crash the server will be punished more severely than someone trying to noclip into a wall. I'd rather not set predetermined punishments for this category.

AFK User: Move the player to spectator.

Abusing !calladmin: Warn the player first. On repeated offences, kick, 2 hour ban, 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month, permanently.

Exposing undercover admin: Relatively lenient on this, as players may say "finally, an admin" - as it happened just an hour before this application - when an admin comes to deal with a cheater. I'm not sure what I would do in this situation.

Admin Impersonation: This does not often happen by accident. First offence is a 1 hour ban - with a message to change their name or avatar. Repeated offences are a 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month and a permanent ban.
On the rare occurence this happens by accident (a first-time joining player with the exact same name and profile picture, for example), the player will simply be warned.

Spawncamping: Warn the user to retreat from the enemy spawn. Capturing the final point is an exception, as long as the player actively attempts to capture. If the user does not comply, slay him. On repeated offences, 1 hour ban, 1 day, 3 days, 1 month, and permanent ban.

Griefing: Not applicable.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I have managed my own SourceMod server in the past. I know basic SourceMod commands but I may have forgotten some. Didn't want to include it above as it was not a public server, was a long time ago, and doesn't exist anymore.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? French, Spanish

Ginger

Truly Feared
Hi Pseudo, thank you for your application. We're definitely considering accepting you. There is only the issue of discord. Discord will be a must have if you are to be a moderator. Could you create a discord account, and then reply here with your discord ID.

Pseudovalide

Unremarkable
Staff Member
Hi Ginger, thanks for considering me. I have made an account, my ID is Pseudovalide#9206.

Ginger

Truly Feared
Nice, we can now welcome you to the moderator team. I'll message you on discord with more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.