Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Modifications To DB Maps

Remove these Maps /Add These Maps (don't vote if you disagree)

• tfdb_groove

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • tfdb_graybox

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • tfdb_basketball

• tfdb_baseball ( night)

• tfdb_baseball ( day )

• Remove All of the previously mentioned

• Add All of the following

• Add Tfdb_Box_glass_floor_a4_fix2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Add tfdb_box_sides_a3

• Add tfdb_brokenglass_b4 ( dammit i cant add more choices ;c)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak[DZ]

Wicked Nasty
Greetings Everyone, before i begin please excuse me for the mistakes i'm about to make , im nowhere in mood to write academic english yet here i am writing a suggestion about the maps of dodgeball server ; yesterday i decided to check out old DB maps and what was supposed to be just three of four famous maps ended up being a collection of 50+ maps gathered from map packs and many sites , at the end i've came up with a result of some maps that i think should be added to the flux server either because they're fun or extraordinary or just add a unique way of playing , ended up being a search of over 50+ DB maps collected through out random sites and map packs , but first why do this in first place. flux delivers a very good state of ping to to EU players but for some reason most of the players that join are from the US but it gets really boring when you're competing against the same players for days , i've also noticed that new players who join tend not to stay for long periods due to the rocket plugin making it hard to orbit at high speeds unlike other plugins , so in my opinion adding maps that force players to play in a unique style is a very good way to make it more enjoyable , thus getting more players to stay/join , so herewith are my suggestions :
-Maps That Should Be Removed From The Server : (apologies for the low quality pictures )
Tfdb_Groove : based on previous experiences with many players on flux , a lot of them do use !rtv right away , the reason is that doing a down spike in this map can secure you a win because the rocket goes underwater (which makes the enemy lose visual on rocket )then before coming up it gets delayed a bit over a half of a second by the wall , which not only screws up the timing of any professional player but makes it impossible to reflect it at high speeds.
groove.jpg
Tfbd_greybox : pretty much alike other most of db maps , just a box , but this one has a very low brightness and the last thing you'd want a player to do in tf2 is increase their brightness , not only does that mess up the graphics but it also creates a huge inconvenience , just like i have binds set to increase/decrease gamma levels to their lowest/highest which i use in slender mod given that they're pretty dark , it totally screws up the experience.
greybo.jpg
Tfdb_red_court_introx :
its great and all but its just too bright ; can be kept as it has no other downsides from that.
tfdb_redcourt_intox0004.jpg

tfdb_baseball : the map where its a baseball stadium , both night and day version have their downsides , the night version is too dark to the point where you can't see your enemy and the rocket sometimes if its too far , and not being able to see enemy makes it hard to expect where the rocket will be colliding with you and almost impossible to observe your enemy and try to find weaknesses ( for example : he tends to orbit clockwise , he misses directs , he can't react to the rocket in-time meaning he can't drag his mouse too quickly due to sensitivity , these are exploitable weak points) and the day version is literally too bright .
tfdb_baseball_b6_night0010.jpg
-That was a list of the map that should be removed , its just my personal opinion and you're free to agree or disagree.

Maps That Should Be Added: the upcoming maps have been tested by me in-game to assure there are no bugs or exploitable areas ; and also tried to look for anyway that a map can be bad
Tfdb_box_glass_floor_a4_fix2: above medium sized map , consists of two layers of glass, breakable glass ; the first layer as shown in picture is devided to 7 areas 2 on each side and three in middle , the second layer however contains only 4 areas and breaking it would result in falling to a deadly acid ; worthy a mention is that i wasn't able to break the glass through burning it so i'm guessing the only way to do it is to make the rocket hit the ground exclamation mark but that is almost impossible due to the plugin of flux ; another thing worthy mentioning is that its not as dark as in the picture , its has kind of a normal brightness of any map.
glassbox.jpg
Tfdb_box_sides_A3:
Medium sized stylish looking box shaped map ; separated by an invisible barrier in middle . ( once again the brightness is as not shown in picture , its perfect and the color are great )
boxsides.jpg

Tfdb_Brokenglass_A4 : kind of a huge map with breakable glass in some spots although i can't think of a way to do it in flux DB , but the map serves hella good due to how large it is meaning that players can't use the " it was coming in my direction " excuse to steal because the map can fit so many players yet keep a great distance between each one of them ; in short , wide open map ; serves its purpose if the server gets too many players if not it can still be just fine .
bg3.jpgbg2.jpgbg1.jpg
Tfdb_circonvolium_b4 : a very unique map , consists of a circle in middle with platforms circling around it ; definitely adds a new style and taste of DB

tfdbcircle.jpg
Tfdb_platfrom_introx : Above medium but the unique thing about this map is that its just square shaped platforms that construct a ladder on each side and a square in middle , can hold a lot of players with none facing a problem about the distance and overall the textures are very good looking ; this get a 8.5/10 ( picture in comments because attached files limit reached)

tfdb_river_b1 : a nice map , Db fitting structure , the design and textures stand out for themselves
( picture in comments because attached files limit reached)

tfdb_rows_a2: a map that adds a unique gameplay style , you can't orbit as much , every player is placed into a layer being the side of a space ship with two players per layer , each ship has six layers , the layers are facing each other and have a distance between them (and an invisible wall ofc lel) ; as previously mentioned offers a very unique gameplay style almost as if you were to statue in any other db map except the rocket cant get to your back (pictures in comments because attached files limit reached)

once again sincerest apologies for the english mistakes and the low level writing , i can't write anywhere close to academic english or even modern english when i'm in a unfitting mood . (cash-chan please approve this took effort)

Last edited:

Zak[DZ]

Wicked Nasty
Why can't i create multiple polls : c

Zak[DZ]

Wicked Nasty
Couldn't attach more pictures so here it is
Tfbd_platfrom_introx :tfdb_platform_intox0008.jpgtfdb_platform_intox0007.jpg
Tfdb_rows :
tfdb_rows_a20000.jpgtfdb_rows_a20002.jpgtfdb_rows_a20003.jpg
Tfdb_river :
tfdb_river_b10005.jpgtfdb_river_b10006.jpg

Attachments

• tfdb_platform_intox0009.jpg
    tfdb_platform_intox0009.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 0
  • tfdb_rows_a20002.jpg
    tfdb_rows_a20002.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 0

CashPrizes

Fajo the Money
Staff Member
Owner
I'm not opposed to this idea.

Let the poll dictate the outcome and we can make the necessary changes, if needed, afterwards.

Noodl

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Owner
Removals are fine aside from Redcourt, it's a great map imo, I seen no issue with it. Rest are trash.

glassfloor is a meme that I love, but it doesn't reaaaally have a place. I'm not opposed to it. box_sides would be good if it wasn't for the dumb lip in the middle that causes the rocket to get stuck and clip over it. The rest are pretty garbo.

I don't know what Ben's map rotation looks like, but mine was picked out for competitive maps that don't have stupid platforms and holes in, which tend to annoy players more than they don't.

Zak[DZ]

Wicked Nasty
@Noodl ye you're right ; after taking into consideration the clipping thingy where the rocket gets stuck they all became garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.