Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Application Re-Do

NeonKiller

Mildly Menacing
(Wont b rushed this time)
Name : Rhys
Steam Name + ID : *NeonKiller STEAM_0:1:103573908
Timezone and rough playtimes : GMT, atleast 3-5 times a week.
Have you been an admin before and where : Not really anywhere intresting, just some discord servers. That doesn't mean I'm not qualified it just means I'm not cool enough to join those fancy clubs.
What servers are you mostly applying for : Jb, but I'd be very happy to travel to others and help there.
Admins you know : Kitsune, GreGre, Engie, Baguette Oven (More but I don't remember there actual name)
Are you familiar with admin roles and commands : Yes. I know that were mostly here to enforce the rules and allow everybody to have fun but the commands are as followed I know.

To add an IP to the ban list rcon addip
To add ban an ID from the server rcon banid
To kick a user from the server rcon kick
To remove an user ID from the ban list rcon removeid
To remove an user IP from the IP ban list rcon removeip

Reboot the server and which also kicks everyone in it rcon quit
Turning friendly fire on (1) or off (0) rcon mp_friendlyfire 0
To turn respawn times on (1) or default is off (0) rcon mp_disable_respawn_times 1
Sets the timelimit of the current map to 40 minutes. (unless maxrounds or winlimit is reached first) rcon mp_timelimit 40
A team must win 4 rounds to end the map. (unless timelimit or maxrounds is reached first) rcon mp_winlimit 4
Map ends when 5 rounds have been reached (unless winlimit or timelimit is reached first)
rcon mp_maxrounds 5
Randomize or Scramble the teams
rcon mp_scrambleteams
Restart the Game in seconds
rcon mp_restartgame 15
Turns crits off(0) (defaults to on (1)
rcon tf_weapon_criticals 0
and more that I'm learing from this website : http://fearless-
assassins.com/wiki/index.php/TF2_Admin_Commands
Why do you think you'd be a good admin : I think I'd be a good addition to your team of admins and the flux.tf community since I am kind of well known with some jb players and I am learning the new rules and checking them everyday. I don't think I'd be 'GREAT' but atleast a good addition.
Give a brief run-down on what you'd do with punishments :
ACCIDENTAL FREEKILL : Slay
Mass Freekill : Perm Teamban
No mic on blu : Perm Teamban
~~~
Unrelated JB Rules
Hacking : Perm Ban
Toxicity : Chat mute and Voice Gag
Racism : TempBan(?)
Anything you'd like to add : I'm currently at secondary school so my playing days are cut down. Homework and shit. Fuck Secondary.

Engie

Uncharitable
We use SourceMod. mp_ commands are either restricted or just don't work.

Bronze

Face-Melting
Okay here we go.
Pros:
+A very active person
+Knows and is learning commands
+Is a donor

Neutral:
- Application is unformal as if talking to a friend
- Application is kinda short
- Can be toxic or insulting occasionaly

Cons:
xPunishments are incorrect
xSeems to have a bad reputation in the servers about donor abuse but i have not seen him abuse
xHad to be reminded about the rules a few times
xThere is no admin with the name Baguette Oven

Because of the other high tier applications and the fact its your second try i will be giving this a -1 good luck!
Edit:Baguette is Ramen sorry

Last edited:

Jerry

Spectacularly Lethal
Okay here we go.
Pros:
+A very active person
+Is a donor

Neutral:

Cons:
xSeems to have a bad reputation in the servers about donor abuse but i have not seen him abuse

Because of the other high tier applications and the fact its your second try i will be giving this a -1 good luck!
I 90% agree with bronze in this one, When Neon is talking about Baguette he is talking about Ramen as he named himself that on TF2, I've had a few interactions with you what have not been so great, I admit that I did mess up in one or two but for the most part you were immature about it.
-1 for me, Good luck

NeonKiller

Mildly Menacing
Okay here we go.
Pros:
+A very active person
+Is a donor

Neutral:

Cons:

[Admin] Baguette Oven : !tp
I swear he changed his name.

Okay here we go.
Pros:
+A very active person
+Is a donor

Neutral:

Cons:

OH yeah the 'Donor Abuse'. I voteslayed somebody who tried to hit reds after he baited once and my reputation

I 90% agree with bronze in this one, When Neon is talking about Baguette he is talking about Ramen as he named himself that on TF2, I've had a few interactions with you what have not been so great, I admit that I did mess up in one or two but for the most part you were immature about it.
-1 for me, Good luck
Jerry tbh most the time I'm an asshole yes, but when I say stuff cunt-wise in a server I mess around ya know?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jerry

Spectacularly Lethal
Jerry tbh most the time I'm an asshole yes, but when I say stuff cunt-wise in a server I mess around ya know?
I understand, I am a dick to people but if you wish to apply for admin people expect you to be mature.

breezy

Sufficiently Lethal
(Wont b rushed this time)
Name : Rhys
Steam Name + ID : *NeonKiller STEAM_0:1:103573908
Timezone and rough playtimes : GMT, atleast 3-5 times a week.
Have you been an admin before and where : Not really anywhere intresting, just some discord servers. That doesn't mean I'm not qualified it just means I'm not cool enough to join those fancy clubs.
What servers are you mostly applying for : Jb, but I'd be very happy to travel to others and help there.
Admins you know : Kitsune, GreGre, Engie, Baguette Oven (More but I don't remember there actual name)
Are you familiar with admin roles and commands : Yes. I know that were mostly here to enforce the rules and allow everybody to have fun but the commands are as followed I know.

To add an IP to the ban list rcon addip
To add ban an ID from the server rcon banid
To kick a user from the server rcon kick
To remove an user ID from the ban list rcon removeid

Reboot the server and which also kicks everyone in it rcon quit
Turning friendly fire on (1) or off (0) rcon mp_friendlyfire 0
To turn respawn times on (1) or default is off (0) rcon mp_disable_respawn_times 1
Sets the timelimit of the current map to 40 minutes. (unless maxrounds or winlimit is reached first) rcon mp_timelimit 40
A team must win 4 rounds to end the map. (unless timelimit or maxrounds is reached first) rcon mp_winlimit 4
Map ends when 5 rounds have been reached (unless winlimit or timelimit is reached first)
rcon mp_maxrounds 5
Randomize or Scramble the teams
rcon mp_scrambleteams
Restart the Game in seconds
rcon mp_restartgame 15
Turns crits off(0) (defaults to on (1)
rcon tf_weapon_criticals 0
and more that I'm learing from this website : http://fearless-
assassins.com/wiki/index.php/TF2_Admin_Commands
Why do you think you'd be a good admin : I think I'd be a good addition to your team of admins and the flux.tf community since I am kind of well known with some jb players and I am learning the new rules and checking them everyday. I don't think I'd be 'GREAT' but atleast a good addition.
Give a brief run-down on what you'd do with punishments :
ACCIDENTAL FREEKILL : Slay
Mass Freekill : Perm Teamban
No mic on blu : Perm Teamban
~~~
Unrelated JB Rules
Hacking : Perm Ban
Toxicity : Chat mute and Voice Gag
Racism : TempBan(?)
Anything you'd like to add : I'm currently at secondary school so my playing days are cut down. Homework and shit. Fuck Secondary.

Hey Neon, I'd seriously think about expanding the first few questions to give more the staff more insight into how you'd be staff? Gl with the app anyways ^^

Mooney

Notably Dangerous
Hmm, let's see...

Positive:
[+] You seem quite enthusiastic about becoming an admin.
[+] You know rcon commands.

Neutral:
[/] You have donor position, though it doesn't really prove anything.
[/] You know commands, though they wouldn't be practical in flux.tf game modes. They are also not the ones used on the flux.tf servers.
[/] Some sections of the application are quite short. SEE Punishments / Good admin parts.
[/] Quite immature in some areas, including two swears - I wouldn't recommend swearing in an application for becoming a staff member.
[/] I can't say I've seen you on any servers.
[/] Parts are grammatically incorrect - "Wont b rushed this time" and "Yes. I know that were mostly here to enforce the rules...".

Negative:
[-] This is your second? application, showing that it didn't go well the first time.
[-]
I know I shouldn't be the one saying this but punishments are quite rough and you also don't seem too sure on Racism.
[-] Not many punishments included, only five.

Due to the immaturity of this application - which includes shortcuts of words such as 'b' - I have chosen to give this application a -1. Regardless, I wish you good luck.

Jim

Tonk
You copied this word for word on your "extensive" knowledge of commands. Other than that giant copy pasta, your app is like five sentences long. Your behavior and other things pointed out on your app(s) obviously show you are not even close to being ready for something like admin. -1

Dova

Will absorb your soul
Staff Member
Pros
+ Knowledge of the commands
+ Active

Neutral
/ Grammar issues E.g wrong there, You said THERE names and should be THEIR
/ You have donor but (-as Mooney said) it doesn't really prove anything
/
Shouldn't really be an issue but Young
Cons
- Immature
-
(not all of them) Rules are incorrect
- Punishments are incorrect
- Not the most "approachable" person

i am going to give a -1 due to lack of knowledge of rules and he is young. But good luck on your application.

ColdRamen

Notably Dangerous
I did indeed change my name to Baguette Oven. Sorry for any confusion.

You don't seem to be able to conduct yourself on the server, Neon, which is pretty terrible if you're applying for admin. I like you - really, I do - but you're not admin material.

Aside from any negativity, you're a pretty good laugh, and I enjoy playing with you, so don't get too disheartened.

Kat0150

Truly Feared
I've never seen you in-game, but you do have a very short application with quite a few grammatical errors. The punishment list is a bit off and also missing many offenses/punishments. As Jim had pointed out, you copied and pasted the entire list of commands that you supposedly know, which is a big negative, and in my opinion, plagiarism should be an instant decline, but that's just my take on it. -1 from me, thank you for applying and good luck either way!

GoldWatson

Uncharitable
Positives
------
+Is donor
+Not much controversy

Neutrals
-----
+Has had a declined application
+Grammatical errors
+Never seen him in-game

Negatives
----
-Copied a list of commands (and couldn't adjust the formatting to not make it GLARINGLY obvious that it was copied)
-Seems like you're busy with school
-Application is short, taking out the copied bits

The cons outweigh the pros here, so if my opinion matters, it's a -1.

NeonKiller

Mildly Menacing
TO EVERYONE WHO IS SAYING I COPIED THE COMMANDS.
Yes I did, I was just showing I'm going to learn those.

Bronze

Face-Melting
You should have said i am learning commands from :website: and it would have been enough

Kat0150

Truly Feared
TO EVERYONE WHO IS SAYING I COPIED THE COMMANDS.
Yes I did, I was just showing I'm going to learn those.
mp commands do not work here, as well as it is expected for you to learn the commands when you become an administrator rather you say that you are going to learn them or not. And maybe you should have put that you are going to learn them then to avoid confusion, but you put that you already know them:
the commands are as followed I know.

Noodl

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Owner
As GoldWatson stated above, the application is rather short minus the command paste (none of which are usable commands here, anyway).
I also think your age plays into the factor of not being quite suitable for an admin position yet.

Thanks for applying