Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Xenomorph's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenomorph

Unremarkable
Staff Member
Username:

Name
Xenomorph

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days of accumulative playtime on our servers? Yes

Does your Steam account have a VAC ban on record? No

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? Yes

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the guide on how to apply? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_dannykurd

Your DiscordID
Xenomorph#2993

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
a mario kart tour server

On what server(s) would you like to moderate? Please list the server name and IP address.
100% crits 85.117.240.74:27055

Why would you like to become a moderator?
id like to help out the community and i have been thinking about this for a very long time id say im a very active person on crits with alot of experience i have moderated other servers before being based around other games and such so i would slowly but surely learn about how moderation here is like

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
whatevs and acheko

When are you usually available to play?
i have limits being 1 or 2 hours being from 18.40 pm to 20.00 or 21.00 pm

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
so for players/bots cheating i will give a ban for racial slurs and other types of hate messages id start of giving a few warnings telling them to stop if ignored then id start giving mutes and for nsfw sprays i will just sprayban for micspammers id again start off by telling them to stop if ignored id mute/gag them

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
all i can say here is just to learn all of the commands im able to use im a slow starter so i just have to start up slow getting into the whole thing so im more used in knowing what all the different commands does and what ones mainly to focus in general also if im unsure in certain stuff i would make sure to dm some other staff member for help to teach me a bit i will not abuse my powers btw id still just do tests so i know how they work but thats it

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? i speak danish also

kringu

Lv.85 Ball Inspector
Staff Member
Admin
The staff came up with questions you should answer, there are no correct answers, we would just like to know more about your personality and thought process. Be honest with your answers. If it's obvious that you're lying to make yourself look good, it will just have the opposite effect. You can feel free to answer a few at a time, no need to answer every question all at once, if you need more time than a week let us know. Just make sure you make it clear what question you're answering.

1. Someone is reported to be using "Aimbot" on Orange, how will you determine if they are cheating or not?
How would your decision-making change, if at all, if:​
a. The person who was reported is a regular, well-known player and many people defend him in chat saying that he is not cheating, and is just good​
b. The person who was reported is one of your friends​
c. The person who made the report is one of your friends, and the person who is reported is someone you have never heard of​

2. Assume that you banned someone who seemed to be spinbotting, and you didn't record a demo as evidence. They make an appeal on forums, and say that they were only pretending to spinbot. How would you answer this appeal?

3. Person A who is a very annoying player and is extremely toxic, is insulting Person B, saying "ez kill" and "dogshit" after every kill.
a. Person B hits back once and calls Person A a "tranny", knowing that they are transgender. How would you respond to this situation if at all?​
b. Person B is your friend, does that change your answer to a. ?​
c. You are Person B, how would you react to Person A, as a mod?​

4. A fellow moderator (not an admin) places a ban on someone who they believe is cheating, with a demo attached to the ban. However, you don't agree with them at all that the person is cheating once reviewing the demo. How would you reconcile this if at all?
a. What if it is an admin, instead of another moderator? Would that change what you would do?​
5. Someone has an annoying voice on the voice chat, and no one really minds it except one person, who is a regular who constantly tells that person "Shut up" or "Stop talking you're annoying" almost everytime they talk. How do you respond if at all?
a. The regular is also a friend of yours, does that change how you respond?​

6. What toppings do you like on a sandwich - dork

Xenomorph

Unremarkable
Staff Member
The staff came up with questions you should answer, there are no correct answers, we would just like to know more about your personality and thought process. Be honest with your answers. If it's obvious that you're lying to make yourself look good, it will just have the opposite effect. You can feel free to answer a few at a time, no need to answer every question all at once, if you need more time than a week let us know. Just make sure you make it clear what question you're answering.

1. Someone is reported to be using "Aimbot" on Orange, how will you determine if they are cheating or not?
a. The person who was reported is a regular, well-known player and many people defend him in chat saying that he is not cheating, and is just good​
c. The person who made the report is one of your friends, and the person who is reported is someone you have never heard of​

2. Assume that you banned someone who seemed to be spinbotting, and you didn't record a demo as evidence. They make an appeal on forums, and say that they were only pretending to spinbot. How would you answer this appeal?

3. Person A who is a very annoying player and is extremely toxic, is insulting Person B, saying "ez kill" and "dogshit" after every kill.
a. Person B hits back once and calls Person A a "tranny", knowing that they are transgender. How would you respond to this situation if at all?​

4. A fellow moderator (not an admin) places a ban on someone who they believe is cheating, with a demo attached to the ban. However, you don't agree with them at all that the person is cheating once reviewing the demo. How would you reconcile this if at all?
a. What if it is an admin, instead of another moderator? Would that change what you would do?​
5. Someone has an annoying voice on the voice chat, and no one really minds it except one person, who is a regular who constantly tells that person "Shut up" or "Stop talking you're annoying" almost everytime they talk. How do you respond if at all?

Xenomorph

Unremarkable
Staff Member

question 1 answer i would ask a few things like what class and loadout the person was using and a possible demo from his view if it happend to be someone i know the playstyle of already then i would say its someone thats a strong player knowing how to read movements of enemys then i would confirm its not someone cheating and its just an overall skilled player regardless if its a regular or not question 2 answer i would start off by removing the ban and give a few warnings saying dont try to pretend being a spinbot it should not be considered something you would troll around with etc if he ended up to be reported by others or if i saw him pretending or if it actually is a spinbot i would reban the user and confirm its cheating any other ban appeals from him saying he was pretending once again would be ignored going forward question 3 answer id tell them to knock it off and stop insulting each other giving a few warnings if they were to keep going i would consider doing a small gag for typing maybe something like 10 to 15 mins depending if they learned their lesson or not if person B was a friend of mine then i would not focus person A i would still focus on both and if i were person B getting insulted from someone else i would just not bother giving responses back and just ignore him fully and continue to play the game question 4 answer i would ask into what info and proof they have on the person and what made them happen to place the ban in the first place would also ask other staff members that has viewed it themselfs to hear what they think about it if an admin did it i would still ask for info regarding the situation if it happens to be something where everyone from the staff team have to make a choice regarding the same thing and i would happen to be the only one saying otherwise i would just go with the majority to confirm the ban is correct question 5 answer i would just tell that person to use chat instead if he happens to ignore and keep going to use vc i would either gag him from vc or tell the person that wants him to shut up to mute him instead if the regular was a friend of mine it wouldn,t change anything i would still either ask him to mute the vc person or i would gag the vc person myself if it was needed question 6 answer i like toppings like small pieces of chicken lettuce tomatoes shrimp chilimayo cheese slices of sausage and slices of chives

whatevs

Brisk God
Staff Member
Owner
Hi Xeno,

After much discussion with staff and us taking every aspect of your application into consideration, we have ultimately decided to deny it. Reason being we don't believe you are suitable for the role just yet. You're welcome to reapply again in 90 days, and do continue to enjoy playing Flux servers.

Declined.

Regards,
whatevs

Status
Not open for further replies.