Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lr suggestions

Which lrs do you which to see implemented?

• All

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Only number 1

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Only number 2

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Only number 3

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt

Mildly Menacing
Well, most of the time, people who get the freeday for others LR, they usually either give it to random people or to their friends, if the gifting LR to dead or alive people existed, then they would have to prevent people from giving BLU's the LR.

Why? This is the same thing as illegal LR, if the Warden was purposefully giving lr to his friend so that he could give lr to the warden, that would be illegal LR.

Adding this feature would not increase nor decrease the amount of abuse.

Slaborbay

Scarcely Lethal
The only abuse I see could happen with passing LR off to others is that a nonrebelling red could pass the LR to a rebelller therefore making it an illegal LR. The other two LR suggestions are fine although it would be better if during the zombie survival LR the blues are the medics and the reds are the engies as it makes more sense so the armoury would be a blu spawn so meds that spawn there would be invulnerable until they leave spawn just like the actual gamemode. Also if a zombie survival LR was to be implemented you would have to make rules so the engineer team doesn't just build in hard to reach areas like obby and blu side teleports such as karts on mlcastle as the medics would have no chance if no rules were put in place.

BabyBARKing

Sufficiently Lethal
The only abuse I see could happen with passing LR off to others is that a nonrebelling red could pass the LR to a rebelller therefore making it an illegal LR. The other two LR suggestions are fine although it would be better if during the zombie survival LR the blues are the medics and the reds are the engies as it makes more sense so the armoury would be a blu spawn so meds that spawn there would be invulnerable until they leave spawn just like the actual gamemode. Also if a zombie survival LR was to be implemented you would have to make rules so the engineer team doesn't just build in hard to reach areas like obby and blu side teleports such as karts on mlcastle as the medics would have no chance if no rules were put in place.
Lr abuse is real #stoplrabuse

SleeperStim

Gore-Spattered
Why? This is the same thing as illegal LR, if the Warden was purposefully giving lr to his friend so that he could give lr to the warden, that would be illegal LR.

Adding this feature would not increase nor decrease the amount of abuse.
Because people could easily glitch the gifting LR system where a RED could recieve LR and gift it to a BLU. BLU's cannot choose an LR so it would be stupid for them to get LR in the first place. If a system is implemented to prevent BLU's from being gifted LR then i will accept 2.

True, but im still unclear on 2.

SleeperStim

Gore-Spattered
This is going to be a long one.

The only abuse I see could happen with passing LR off to others is that a nonrebelling red could pass the LR to a rebelller therefore making it an illegal LR.
I could see a system being implemented to prevent rebellers from being gifted or given LR, or when there is 1 player, they can give LR to the last remaining RED, but if they choose to gift the LR, they cannot gift it to a BLU.

it would be better if during the zombie survival LR the blues are the medics and the reds are the engies as it makes more sense
That could be a possibility, but I of course never played Medics vs Engineers. I've only played zombie escape so idk. It also could depend for which side the engies and medics are on.

armoury would be a blu spawn so meds that spawn there would be invulnerable until they leave spawn
I think they should give some time for the engies to build defense from sentries and dispensers for at least 45 seconds before medics could leave their spawn, but i think they should give the meds another place to spawn in since medics would have an unfair advantage with ammo, especially with meds that have the crossbow, i'd rather give them a spawn further away from the armoury, especially in maps like Alkatraz which is a large map. But with them being invulnerable, it could lead to camping in spawn, which is a problem.

Also if a zombie survival LR was to be implemented you would have to make rules so the engineer team doesn't just build in hard to reach areas like obby
To prevent delaying, it would be a constant pain for the meds to reach the engies without sentry guns shooting them at farther ranges. Implementing rules could possibly help, maps like hopjb don't have these problems with obby, since engies don't nest in the map's obby minigame.

blu side teleports such as karts on mlcastle as the medics would have no chance if no rules were put in place.
That is true, thats why we have staff team as well.

Last edited:

Slaborbay

Scarcely Lethal
This is going to be a long one.

I could see a system being implemented to prevent rebellers from being gifted or given LR, or when there is 1 player, they can give LR to the last remaining RED, but if they choose to gift the LR, they cannot gift it to a BLU.

This sounds way too complicated for something that is basically already in the game as you could just ask someone else on the server what LR they want you could just say "hey x what do you want for LR?" and they would respond with "I would like you to pick x" so this LR seems pointless to me tbh as you could just ask.

That could be a possibility, but I of course never played Medics vs Engineers. I've only played zombie escape so idk. It also could depend for which side the engies and medics are on.

The why are you commenting on it if you don't know how its played man.

I think they should give some time for the engies to build defense from sentries and dispensers for at least 45 seconds before medics could leave their spawn, but i think they should give the meds another place to spawn in since medics would have an unfair advantage with ammo, especially with meds that have the crossbow, i'd rather give them a spawn further away from the armoury, especially in maps like Alkatraz which is a large map. But with them being invulnerable, it could lead to camping in spawn, which is a problem.

The timer is a no brainer as a timer actually is implace during the gamemode zombie survival I assumed I did not need to mention every detail about the gamemode, I implore you to learn about the gamemode before commenting about it so I don't need to spew an entire team fortress wiki page in the forums on how the gamemode works. If you have ever played medics vs engineers you would know that medics cannot pick up ammo so this should not be a problem if it somehow becomes a problem you could just implement gaurds melee only logic.

To prevent delaying, it would be a constant pain for the meds to reach the engies without sentry guns shooting them at farther ranges. Implementing rules could possibly help, maps like hopjb don't have these problems with obby, since engies don't nest in the map's obby minigame.

Lastly engies don't have sentry guns learn about the freaking gamemode man its a fun gamemode play it, read the tf2 wiki page on it, and/or watch youtube videos on the gamemode I suggest old muselk videos those were fire stop responding on a topic you know nothing about.

SleeperStim

Gore-Spattered
Oh you want to seperate my replies, alright lets do this!

This sounds way too complicated for something that is basically already in the game as you could just ask someone else on the server what LR they want you could just say "hey x what do you want for LR?" and they would respond with "I would like you to pick x" so this LR seems pointless to me tbh as you could just ask.
This leads to rebellers into tricking the warden into giving LR to the rebeller instead of the non-rebeller.

The why are you commenting on it if you don't know how its played man.
Cuz I wanted to add my response to this, let me be me.

The timer is a no brainer as a timer actually is implace during the gamemode zombie survival I assumed I did not need to mention every detail about the gamemode, I implore you to learn about the gamemode before commenting about it so I don't need to spew an entire team fortress wiki page in the forums on how the gamemode works. If you have ever played medics vs engineers you would know that medics cannot pick up ammo so this should not be a problem if it somehow becomes a problem you could just implement gaurds melee only logic.
Like i said, A timer could possibly prevent the zombies/meds from rushing out at you with zero defense whatsoever. I don't really give a shit on how it works, it doesnt have to be the exact same way as in medic's vs engineers. Im also not expecting you to spew an entire tf wiki page in the fourms, so why even bring the tf wiki page up?

Lastly engies don't have sentry guns learn about the freaking gamemode man its a fun gamemode play it, read the tf2 wiki page on it, and/or watch youtube videos on the gamemode I suggest old muselk videos those were fire stop responding on a topic you know nothing about.
Im not going to repeat this again, it doesnt have to be medics v engineers. I was just pointing out problems and possibly suggesting fixes to the LR's. So what if i don't know it? I can respond to it if i want to.

Slaborbay

Scarcely Lethal
Oh you want to seperate my replies, alright lets do this!

This leads to rebellers into tricking the warden into giving LR to the rebeller instead of the non-rebeller.

Cuz I wanted to add my response to this, let me be me.

Like i said, A timer could possibly prevent the zombies/meds from rushing out at you with zero defense whatsoever. I don't really give a shit on how it works, it doesnt have to be the exact same way as in medic's vs engineers. Im also not expecting you to spew an entire tf wiki page in the fourms, so why even bring the tf wiki page up?

Im not going to repeat this again, it doesnt have to be medics v engineers. I was just pointing out problems and possibly suggesting fixes to the LR's. So what if i don't know it? I can respond to it if i want to.

Basically I was saying a gifting LR is useless cause if you get an LR you all you got to do is say "hey x what do you want for LR?" and you could pick what they asked for its easy it does not matter if you are asking a blu or rebeller its your LR you are the one picking it. No need to add a complex plugin as you could already just ask people on the server what they want and you could choose it not sure how you misconstrued what I said.

Also to reply to the second part I suppose I should not have said to "stop responding to a topic you know nothing about" I apologize for saying that but I still would implore you to learn the gamemode the original thread creator is referencing as you would know that it already includes a timer, medics are restricted to melee, and that engies don't have sentry guns.

SleeperStim

Gore-Spattered
Basically I was saying a gifting LR is useless cause if you get an LR you all you got to do is say "hey x what do you want for LR?" and you could pick what they asked for its easy it does not matter if you are asking a blu or rebeller its your LR you are the one picking it. No need to add a complex plugin as you could already just ask people on the server what they want and you could choose it not sure how you misconstrued what I said.

Also to reply to the second part I suppose I should not have said to "stop responding to a topic you know nothing about" I apologize for saying that but I still would implore you to learn the gamemode the original thread creator is referencing as you would know that it already includes a timer, medics are restricted to melee, and that engies don't have sentry guns.
I don't blame you for not adding a gifting LR system, you can say "hey (insert user here) what do you want for LR?" and not implement a gifting system since it could go out of hand.

I knew there was a timer for the engies to set-up. I was suggesting sentry guns but it could cause round delaying, since the knockback of the sentry gun bullets.

SleeperStim

Gore-Spattered

Also to prove out with the Medics Vs Engineers servers, i noticed that the dispensers are used for walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.