Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fix Jailbreak autobalance

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellYoshi

Notably Dangerous
Currently the autobalance system in Flux Jailbreak is kind of flawed.

The max amount of people on the BLU team is half as many as the RED team at that moment. If the round starts with more than required, selected individuals will be autobalanced to RED.

That's the problem, though; the autobalance system selects certain people and certain people only. Meaning there will be some people who can stay on BLU for an entire map, and others who will try to join BLU but get autobalanced every single attempt. This is because the system has a predetermined selection of who gets autobalanced under what conditions. For example a user may not be able to join BLU at all if the teams are unbalanced, which persists for an entire map rotation if not longer.

So I propose a change in the autobalance system.

Instead of having predetermined users get balanced at different times, make the autobalance system randomly select who to autobalance every round, with each user having a fair chance. This way it's more fair on the people who want to have a go on BLU even if the teams are unbalanced.

If there's an even better way, or if I missed out/ messed up some important info, be sure to let me know

JanKo

Gore-Spattered
There are never enought people (if there ever are any) to get autobablanced anyway :haha:

Hugo

Sufficiently Lethal
Maybe if you could learn to code this then it might be helpful. You're asking alot of Noodl and this really isn't an issue in jailbreak, if he were going to fix anything it would be much better for him to fix his mge servers so they actually work not just some autobalance crap which doesn't matter.

Jim

Tonk
Pretty sure it kicks off whoever joined blue last. Idk, you'd have to look at the code though because Noodl commits die whenever he has to even think about JB.

Noodl

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Owner
Is that even part of JB or is it TF2's autobalance?
I'm assuming JB uses its own autobalancing system.

It won't be predetermined people, there will obviously be some metric used, likely last joined, or lowest on the leaderboard or something easy to calculate.

Dova

Will absorb your soul
Staff Member
From what I’ve found, (and I might be wrong) It’s usually the last one to killbind or change class/team

For example, 10 people on red 5 on blue: 1 red (player 1) joins blue (making it 6 on blue 9 on red) player 1 would be the one to get switched, but if player 2 (one of the original 5 blues) were to either switch class or killbind, player 2 would be switched.

Once again, I may be wrong but I’m pretty sure that this is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.