Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Eqwort's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eqwort

Strange
Staff Member
Admin
Username:

Name
Eqwort

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days of accumulative playtime on our servers? Yes

Does your Steam account have a VAC ban on record? No

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? Yes

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the guide on how to apply? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:0:224077141

Your DiscordID
thy ash#6089

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what server(s) would you like to moderate? Please list the server name and IP address.
Highertower | 85.117.240.66:27015

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I dont like feeling like I cant do anything regarding stuff like toxic racist people or cheaters in the server. It is mostly because of the usual hours Im active in, I dont see a lot of moderators being online during those times, so when theres a cheater on the server its pretty frustrating. I also want to be a moderator to go against the bigotry people pay less attention to, such as country specific racism or transphobia, that without the usage of slurs rarely gets resolved

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
dork

When are you usually available to play?
GMT‎+3 1am - 11am mostly

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
I have read the mod guide, I know generally how mods are meant to punish players, I do not intend to strafe from that
although this is my ideal way of punishing players

bigotry of any kind - warning and then gag or mute (depending if its in vc or chat) (1 hour, day, week, 2 weeks, month, perm)
targeted harassment against another player - warning and then gag (1 hour, day, week, month, perm)
mic spam - warning, and then mute (1 hour, day, week, 2 weeks, month, perm)
cheating - ban (perm)
advertising cheats - gag (perm)
nsfw content - warning, disabling sprays and signs
spawn camping - if every spawn door is camped warning and if it goes for a while then slay, and then kick

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
Im a woman
and I was banned by mistake by the anti-cheat software, and it was resolved

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? hebrew

dork

Notably Dangerous
If I don't support this I won't hear the end of it so +1. Punishment ladders are nice if not a little harsh and eqwort is up when the rest of the staff aren't so we could use the help.

kringu

Lv.85 Ball Inspector
Staff Member
Admin
It looks like you passed the barrier of entry by providing a good idea of a punishment ladder, well done. I notice that you're friends with many recurring troublemakers on the server, but from what I've seen from your chatlogs, you seem to be a friendly person and you have no history of rule-breaking.
I very much agree with you that we do need more moderators for Highertower, with racism and toxicity being a common issue. It would be nice to have additional staff that take issues like that more seriously.

My vote is yes, good luck, and I hope you are accepted.

Dova

Will absorb your soul
Staff Member
Hey there Eqwort, Thank you for waiting.

Congrats, you'll be moderating the Highertower Server. I will send you a message on Discord with more details.

Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.