Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Dovakin3004's Application for admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dova

Will absorb your soul
Staff Member
- Name: Finlay

- Steam name + ID: (Both the name and the STEAM_0:xxxxx)
Name: Dovakin3004
Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:95282076

- Specify your timezone and rough playtimes~
GMT (UTC +00:00)
Weekdays I am on roughly 6-7 hours
(15:10 - 22:00)
Weekends I am on roughly 12-13 hours
(9:00 - 22:00)

- Have you been an admin before and where?
I have never been an admin before.

But I used to moderate a Minecraft server my friend made for a couple of weeks.

I neglected to put it in my previous applications because it was so little time and I did nothing because only about 10 people would play on a server at a time.

- What servers are you primarily applying for?
I play EU Jailbreak whenever I get spare time and I sometimes play Deathrun

- Which admins (if any) do you know?
(these are the ones I see mostly on Jailbreak)

ImpossibleZ, Engie, zblock, Ainsley, Death (Adam)

ImpossibleZ - met on jailbreak servers

Engie - like ImpossibleZ, met on jailbreak servers

Zblock - fist admin I ever met on Flux.tf and met on jailbreak servers

Ainsley - Met on jailbreak

Death (Adam) - Met on jailbreak

- Are you familiar with the admin role and commands? ie - what is expected of you As I stated in my previous admin application, I have never been an admin before but I am pretty sure I have a pretty good idea of what is expected and I learnt all the commands from https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Admin_commands_(sourcemod)#Basic_Command

- Why would you be a good addition to the servers as an administrator?
- Why would you be a good addition to the I think that I’d be a good addition to the Admin team because I have a very good understanding of the rules and I have been playing for a while now. I have also noticed the lack of admins on whilst I am playing, there are sometimes a couple but they get bored and leave after a while, but I am on as much as I can be and for as long and, as a donor, I try my best to enforce the server rules.

I try my best to be approachable and fair, even to the players I don't particularly like, and I’m always happy to help whenever someone is in need of assistance

My maturity can lack sometimes but I can be rule enforcing, and fun when I need to.

- Give us a brief rundown of punishments you'd give out to users breaking different rules.
Improper use of mic and or chat-Warning / 1 hour Mute/Gag/Silence / 1 day Mute/Gag/Silence / 1 week Mute/Gag/Silence / Permanent Mute/Gag/Silence if deemed necessary.

Freekill (Intentional)-Slay / 1 Hour Teamban / 1 Week Teamban / Permanent Teamban.

Freehit (Intentional)-Warning / slay / 30 mins teamban / 1 hour teamban / 1 day teamban

Hacking-Instant permanent ban.

Abuse of donator powers-Warning with a demo recording to report to the owner.

Player disrespect/being toxic-Warning / 1 day Mute/Gag/Silence / 1-week Mute/Gag/Silence / Permanent Mute/Gag/Silence

Ammo glitching-Warning and if they refuse to stop / 1-week ban

Leaving to avoid sanction-1 Week ban and issue the punishment they intended to avoid

- Anything else you'd like to add - maybe a bit about yourself, ie - interests, hobbies, education, etc etc I am currently attending school in the united kingdom, I am in Year 8 and will be starting my GCSE’S very soon, I have chosen to do Computer science, Philosophy and ethics, Technical award (wood tech), And music. I can play the piano and have since a very young age, and I am starting to learn how to play the drums. I enjoy playing games such as Battlefield 1, CoD WW2, TF2.

Thank you for reading my Flux.tf admin application, please reply with your honest opinion.

Last edited:

JanKo

Gore-Spattered
Why the hell you have this huge spaces between most sentences

Like wtf is wrong with you?

Cant you make better app next time?

Stop

Anyway
Active
Enforce rules

Seems rushed
These spaces between sentences/informations
Most punishment for breaking rules are too harsh or too weak
Enjoys CoD WW2

I am giving -1 just because those huge spaces between sentences / infos, even all bold would be better than that ugly stuff

Dova

Will absorb your soul
Staff Member
Why the hell you have this huge spaces between most sentences

Like wtf is wrong with you?

Cant you make better app next time?

Stop

Anyway
Active
Enforce rules

Seems rushed
These spaces between sentences/informations
Most punishment for breaking rules are too harsh or too weak
Enjoys CoD WW2

I am giving -1 just because those huge spaces between sentences / infos, even all bold would be better than that ugly stuff
Thanks, ill try and keep that in mind next time

adam

a stupid
Oh Dova, the guy that donated 10 dollars on Patreon and then on the day where they charge the Patrons, he refunds the money. :madThoonk:
Anyway, what I just said won't actually interfere with my vote.
First of all, you're a pretty nice guy, but your application isn't that, well, good.
What I mean is, you need improvements on the formatting, simply leaving a lot of spaces in the application doesn't make it long, and another example of what I mean by bad formatting
- Why would you be a good addition to the servers as an administrator?
- Why would you be a good addition to the
And also, I kind of don't think that your time zones will apply in the future when you get accepted due to your GSCE's starting soon.
However,
- Are you familiar with the admin role and commands? ie - what is expected of you As I stated in my previous admin application, I have never been an admin before but I am pretty sure I have a pretty good idea of what is expected and I learnt all the commands from https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Admin_commands_(sourcemod)#Basic_Command
We have stated in the past that just putting a link to the page that has the basic commands and etc. , does not mean you are fully experienced with the commands, but it's easy so I'll ignore that, I just wanted to give you an explanation to that.
Thank you for your interest in applying for an administrator position, but I will give you a NEUTRAL leaning into -1.
Please know your mistakes and learn from them.
Good luck!

Dova

Will absorb your soul
Staff Member
Oh Dova, the guy that donated 10 dollars on Patreon and then on the day where they charge the Patrons, he refunds the money. :madThoonk:
Anyway, what I just said won't actually interfere with my vote.
First of all, you're a pretty nice guy, but your application isn't that, well, good.
What I mean is, you need improvements on the formatting, simply leaving a lot of spaces in the application doesn't make it long, and another example of what I mean by bad formatting

And also, I kind of don't think that your time zones will apply in the future when you get accepted due to your GSCE's starting soon.
However,

We have stated in the past that just putting a link to the page that has the basic commands and etc. , does not mean you are fully experienced with the commands, but it's easy so I'll ignore that, I just wanted to give you an explanation to that.
Thank you for your interest in applying for an administrator position, but I will give you a NEUTRAL leaning into -1.
Please know your mistakes and learn from them.
Good luck!
Thanks for your feedback and the Commands thing, I have learnt all the commands on that page (Targeting, basic, extended, vote commands) and Thanks for leaving the patreon thing out, I genuinely have never used patreon before and have no clue what happened, ill try and give the money back as soon as possible it will be a while though because many reasons that I don't really want to go into. But thanks for being honest.

And with the GCSE's, I usually do homework in school and it shouldn't really affect anything to dramatically,

Jim

Tonk
Good luck!

Pros:
-Active
-Enforces rules

Cons:
-Bad format
-Harsh punishments
-Second app

Final thought: -1
You don't need to respond if literally all your reasons are completely opinions and subjective. That goes for basically every normie. A little evidence of any sort wouldn't hurt either to all those non-admins who are absolutely compelled to write a response.

adam

a stupid
Good luck!

Pros:
-Active
-Enforces rules

Cons:
-Bad format
-Harsh punishments
-Second app

Final thought: -1
just cause of the huge spaces between those sentences and also the info, so just do a bit of fixing. :)
Second application and harsh punishments do not apply, I see that Dova's punishments are fine.

AinsleyH

Sufficiently Lethal
First off, I've seen you on the servers and you're generally fun to play with. From my ingame experience you are someone who uses their donor powers to enforce the rules. From the times I have been on, I can see that you have a good understanding of the rules.
However, what lets you down is your application, the formatting and the content is not up to scratch.If you were to add to and improve your application, you will definitely change my vote.
0 leaning to +1

Dova

Will absorb your soul
Staff Member
Edited application to not have massive spaces between each sentence and added punishment for leaving sanction

AinsleyH

Sufficiently Lethal
Hi Dova, Thanks for your interest in applying for an administrator position. After discussing your application, we've unfortunately decided to decline. We hope you continue being an active player on Flux.tf and enjoy your time here.

Status
Not open for further replies.