Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tips for new rebellers

GoldWatson

Uncharitable
This is a guide for NEWER rebellers in jailbreak. If you already know most or all of the information in this guide, don't post complaining about a lack of information

Now to start off this guide to be a rebeller, we must first define what rebeller is.

Rebeller - Any red that has done any of the following...
  • Done damage to a blu (excluding baiters, of course)
  • Collected ammo or has access to weapons
  • Has disobeyed warden's orders

Now with rebeller defined, we can start.

As a rebeller, your main goal is to kill all blus. The hardest part of being a rebeller is the way you escape. The initial escape part is where most rebellers end up dying. If you are able to get past the warden and any guards he has, you are golden. Then, lies the question, how do you initially escape?

As a semi-experienced jailbreak rebeller, I would say the best way to escape is to wait for the warden and guards to be focused on dealing with another rebeller. If there is many players on red and few on blu, go for this method. If not, don't.

Another good way of initially escaping is to wait for the warden to give out orders on what to do once you've left your cell. At that point, if the warden chooses to wait behind the reds, feel free to attempt to run away. This consistently works on fuller servers, as well because of the large risk of freehitting other reds.

The easiest escape is the jetpack. It is pretty much a get out of jail free card (haha) for rebelling. As a guard or warden, it is generally very hard to hit pyros using the jetpack.

In the event of you getting caught escaping and you are 100% sure there is no way you can run away, stack with other non-rebelling reds. However, don't be under the illusion that after you are caught, there's no way to rebel. If you can, wait for one of the above opportunities to open up and take it as soon as possible.

After the initial escapes, what do you do at that point?
You have a few options at that point as well.

While not required, it is usually a good idea to get ammo as soon as you're sure it is safe. Learn all of the maps and how to get into armory. Be sure to listen in for what the warden is saying. Once they've moved away from the armory, try to get ammo. Be weary though, the warden will usually send guards after you.

After you're sure nobody will see you, try to kill a guard. Make sure, however, that you don't try to get too close to other blu team members. The best way to kill blus is to pick them off, one by one. Think "if I were a guard, would I look here," and if the answer is no, hide in a spot and pick off a blu.

After you've whittled down the amount of players on blu, you can try to kill the warden. This is usually very disruptive to a round, and will encourage other non-rebelling reds to rebel with you in order to quickly kill the other blus. However, do not be a cunt and kill the warden while he's giving LR. This is a dick move and I strongly suggest you don't.

Now that you know what and how to do it as a rebeller, which class is the correct one to use?
There are only a few classes that are viable for rebelling. I'll write out a tier list and give explanations as to why I placed a class where it is.

SS Tier:
Scout
Pyro

S Tier:
Medic
Spy

A Tier:
Sniper

B Tier:
Demoman
Soldier
Engineer

C Tier:
Heavy.

Let's begin at the top at SS tier.

Scout is the best because of his high speed and his immediate damage options from the start of the game. Pyro is in SS tier as well because of his easy escape options and high speed. The thermal thruster, however, may be removed from reds, bringing him down to A Tier. As another benefit to pyro, killing guards is very easy after you have ammo.

In S tier, we have medic and spy.

Medic is great if you have a couple of friends with you; he can support other rebellers. Ubers are easy to gain and you can usually kill a few guards with uber.
Spy is good, as well because of the option to backstab guards. This is an effective damage output if the guards are oblivious to trickstabs. However, spy with ammo isn't too much of a threat.

In A tier, we have sniper.

Sniper, initially, is not deadly, nor has any specifically good traits, he's about average. However, after getting ammo, sniper is probably the best class for rebellers if you can aim; with his deadly headshot doing upwards of 150 damage.

In B tier, we have soldier, demo, and engineer.

Soldier is here because of his slow movement speed. Even with ammo, soldier isn't all that good unless you're a god with the direct hit. Initially escaping is very hard.

Demoman faces the same problem as soldier. He is slow, and isn't all that good with ammo compared to the sniper.

Engineer, while having the eureka effect, just cannot stack up to the classes above him. Even after getting ammo, he's still very weak.

In C tier, we have heavy.

Heavy is the hardest class to escape with because of his hitboxes and slow movement speed. Even after escaping, with ammo, the heavy cannot outdamage guards with crits, leading me to believe that he is the worst for rebelling.

Thanks for reading my guide, I hope this helped you.

OutOnOwen

Truly Feared
This is a guide for NEWER rebellers in jailbreak. If you already know most or all of the information in this guide, don't post complaining about a lack of information

Now to start off this guide to be a rebeller, we must first define what rebeller is.

Rebeller - Any red that has done any of the following...
  • Done damage to a blu (excluding baiters, of course)
  • Collected ammo or has access to weapons
  • Has disobeyed warden's orders

Now with rebeller defined, we can start.

As a rebeller, your main goal is to kill all blus. The hardest part of being a rebeller is the way you escape. The initial escape part is where most rebellers end up dying. If you are able to get past the warden and any guards he has, you are golden. Then, lies the question, how do you initially escape?

As a semi-experienced jailbreak rebeller, I would say the best way to escape is to wait for the warden and guards to be focused on dealing with another rebeller. If there is many players on red and few on blu, go for this method. If not, don't.

Another good way of initially escaping is to wait for the warden to give out orders on what to do once you've left your cell. At that point, if the warden chooses to wait behind the reds, feel free to attempt to run away. This consistently works on fuller servers, as well because of the large risk of freehitting other reds.

The easiest escape is the jetpack. It is pretty much a get out of jail free card (haha) for rebelling. As a guard or warden, it is generally very hard to hit pyros using the jetpack.

In the event of you getting caught escaping and you are 100% sure there is no way you can run away, stack with other non-rebelling reds. However, don't be under the illusion that after you are caught, there's no way to rebel. If you can, wait for one of the above opportunities to open up and take it as soon as possible.

After the initial escapes, what do you do at that point?
You have a few options at that point as well.

While not required, it is usually a good idea to get ammo as soon as you're sure it is safe. Learn all of the maps and how to get into armory. Be sure to listen in for what the warden is saying. Once they've moved away from the armory, try to get ammo. Be weary though, the warden will usually send guards after you.

After you're sure nobody will see you, try to kill a guard. Make sure, however, that you don't try to get too close to other blu team members. The best way to kill blus is to pick them off, one by one. Think "if I were a guard, would I look here," and if the answer is no, hide in a spot and pick off a blu.

After you've whittled down the amount of players on blu, you can try to kill the warden. This is usually very disruptive to a round, and will encourage other non-rebelling reds to rebel with you in order to quickly kill the other blus. However, do not be a cunt and kill the warden while he's giving LR. This is a dick move and I strongly suggest you don't.

Now that you know what and how to do it as a rebeller, which class is the correct one to use?
There are only a few classes that are viable for rebelling. I'll write out a tier list and give explanations as to why I placed a class where it is.

SS Tier:
Scout
Pyro

S Tier:
Medic
Spy

A Tier:
Sniper

B Tier:
Demoman
Soldier
Engineer

C Tier:
Heavy.

Let's begin at the top at SS tier.

Scout is the best because of his high speed and his immediate damage options from the start of the game. Pyro is in SS tier as well because of his easy escape options and high speed. The thermal thruster, however, may be removed from reds, bringing him down to A Tier. As another benefit to pyro, killing guards is very easy after you have ammo.

In S tier, we have medic and spy.

Medic is great if you have a couple of friends with you; he can support other rebellers. Ubers are easy to gain and you can usually kill a few guards with uber.
Spy is good, as well because of the option to backstab guards. This is an effective damage output if the guards are oblivious to trickstabs. However, spy with ammo isn't too much of a threat.

In A tier, we have sniper.

Sniper, initially, is not deadly, nor has any specifically good traits, he's about average. However, after getting ammo, sniper is probably the best class for rebellers if you can aim; with his deadly headshot doing upwards of 150 damage.

In B tier, we have soldier, demo, and engineer.

Soldier is here because of his slow movement speed. Even with ammo, soldier isn't all that good unless you're a god with the direct hit. Initially escaping is very hard.

Demoman faces the same problem as soldier. He is slow, and isn't all that good with ammo compared to the sniper.

Engineer, while having the eureka effect, just cannot stack up to the classes above him. Even after getting ammo, he's still very weak.

In C tier, we have heavy.

Heavy is the hardest class to escape with because of his hitboxes and slow movement speed. Even after escaping, with ammo, the heavy cannot outdamage guards with crits, leading me to believe that he is the worst for rebelling.

Thanks for reading my guide, I hope this helped you.
Hitboxes have nothing to do with rebelling beside Pyro, Scout has the same hitbox as Soldier has the same hitbox as Medic has the same hitbox as Sniper and so on, they have the same hitboxes but with different models, also Pyro's jetpack launch and air models are different to its hitboxes usually causing Pyros to be immune to headshots.

GoldWatson

Uncharitable
If hitboxes are all the same on each class, how come when the spy disguises as scout, shooting the scout's head doesn't get a headshot?

Hitboxes aren't the same for each class.

OutOnOwen

Truly Feared
If hitboxes are all the same on each class, how come when the spy disguises as scout, shooting the scout's head doesn't get a headshot?

Hitboxes aren't the same for each class.
Hitboxes are all the same, models aren't it's quite obvious that all models are different, scout and spy models are nothing a like, scout has a slight hunch on his back and bends a bit so when disguised he has a lower chance because of the model, no thought or searching went into your reply.

GoldWatson

Uncharitable
Models aren't hurtboxes... don't shit talk me for putting in "no thought or searching" into my reply when you're just pulling shit out of your ass now lol

OutOnOwen

Truly Feared
Models aren't hurtboxes... don't shit talk me for putting in "no thought or searching" into my reply when you're just pulling shit out of your ass now lol
index.php

Dumbass

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 2
  • 0 bytes · Views: 35

OutOnOwen

Truly Feared
Those are spy disguise hurtboxes... You're just further proving my point.
Lmao excuses, just admit that you lost this, also when you see the head model is far from the hitbox because they are still and not moving so yeah.

GoldWatson

Uncharitable
Alright, I'm assuming you're trolling at this point so I will stop responding to this thread.

This image you used to disprove me is further proving my point because it is the spy hitboxes... If you could pull your head out of your ass for over 5 seconds you could see this.
pMrQGP4.jpg

These hitboxes here are the ACTUAL tf2 hitboxes. Don't act like you know stuff you very clearly don't. inb4 backpedaling
xSx0Xcn.jpg

OutOnOwen

Truly Feared
Alright, I'm assuming you're trolling at this point so I will stop responding to this thread.

This image you used to disprove me is further proving my point because it is the spy hitboxes... If you could pull your head out of your ass for over 5 seconds you could see this.
pMrQGP4.jpg

These hitboxes here are the ACTUAL tf2 hitboxes. Don't act like you know stuff you very clearly don't. inb4 backpedaling
xSx0Xcn.jpg
You can obviously see that all hitboxes are the same in your picture beside a tiny bit of the head pointing down but that's just with the model so we are back to the "hitboxes are the same for all" situation that you just proven yourself wrong, so... you just proven yourself wrong?

HellYoshi

Notably Dangerous
Owen, for fuck sake, stop arguing.

In this video you can clearly see that the image you provided are SPY DISGUISE HURTBOXES.

'Nuff fucking said.

OutOnOwen

Truly Feared
Owen, for fuck sake, stop arguing.

In this video you can clearly see that the image you provided are SPY DISGUISE HURTBOXES.

'Nuff fucking said.
Yeah but look at Golds image of a hitbox and models and they are all identical just with different bends like spy looking down just a tiny bit so hitboxes are equal to all

adam

a stupid
Yeah but look at Golds image of a hitbox and models and they are all identical just with different bends like spy looking down just a tiny bit so hitboxes are equal to all
According to your logic, 1.1+0.1= 1.2 then 1.3 equals 1.2 because 1.3 is bigger than 1.2, just a tiny bit, so that makes them equal?
That doesn't make any sense.
Also, you just debunked yourself by agreeing with Owen and admitting that the image you provided are spy disguise hitboxes.
Enough said, stop arguing on something unnecessary to argue on, everyone has their own opinion, case closed.

Last edited:

Jerry

Spectacularly Lethal
You want to know the real way to rebel?
Just use the jetpack with pyro

adam

a stupid
You want to know the real way to rebel?
Just use the jetpack with pyro
EHEHEHEHE.
We're probably removing them soon. :(