Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

problems with pyros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conor

Notably Dangerous
Ok so by both of your logic it is ok for a red to have a way of immediately escaping and for guards to throw prisoners around without any one being able to do anything flame thrower is just strong gas should be freehit/rebelling but the jetpacks are crazy pls just ban the jetpacks ffs
The Thermal Thruster does appear mildly out of place in the Jailbreak setting. The idea of pyros being able to jet around the map is quite absurd. However, on the contrary, it is quite useful for both guards and prisoners alike. The TT (Thermal Thruster) can easily have orders placed that restrict it's use, similar to Spy's sappers out and Medic's no healing. The same could apply for Pyro in that a sensible warden can just give orders for all RED team pyros to just hold out their melee weapon. The Gas Passer on the other hand seems like something that would be better left to gather dust in jailbreak weapons blacklist. The premise of the Gas Passer entails that once an enemy player is covered in gas, taking even a single point of damage will ignite that player. So although the circumstance would seem unlikely, gas+fall damage or any other accidental form of harm could lead to several prisoners being freekilled. So from my perspective I believe that:

The dragon's fury - Should stay

Thermal Thruster - Should stay but have pyro's treated similarly to spy's with weapon specific orders

Hot Hand - Come on, how could you say no to slapping someone silly?

Gas Passer - Should join other weapons on the banned-list (Or at the very least be considered as a tool for diabolical baiting)

Second banana - Nothing much really to say on that. It should be left as it is.

Dalakhos bar - Removed for the time being, this is down to the presence of the ever-annoying 10k Heavy exploit.

And really, that's all I wanted to say in regards to the pyro update and the changes it has made to our lovable smokey boi.

Conor

Notably Dangerous
Pyros can still just press q and left click to get away instantly
Not exactly. The pyro is boosted into the air similarly to a to the height of the atomizer triple-jump. Then the pyro is launched in their desired direction, so there is ample time for that firey boy to be shot down if the guards can aim correctly.

Bronze

Face-Melting
Not exactly. The pyro is boosted into the air similarly to a to the height of the atomizer triple-jump. Then the pyro is launched in their desired direction, so there is ample time for that firey boy to be shot down if the guards can aim correctly.
I played against it for a while its not enough time to kill the pyro

Osome Oli

Truly Feared
The TT (Thermal Thruster) can easily have orders placed that restrict it's use, similar to Spy's sappers out and Medic's no healing. The same could apply for Pyro in that a sensible warden can just give orders for all RED team pyros to just hold out their melee weapon.
Right, and how many reds are actually going to comply with that order?

Your logic is dumb. 'It iz alloud bee caws worden can bean it!111!!!' Correct. Reds should be allowed ammo. Why? Because warden can just say 'reds donot use ammo!!1111'.

The thermal thruster is a cancerous weapon for reds to have. Combined with bunnyhop, rebelling has never been easier. It's worse that half the red team are now TT pyros, so each round is a mass rebel unless you tone down the number of prisoners with cell wars or trick orders.

OutOnOwen

Truly Feared
Ok so by both of your logic it is ok for a red to have a way of immediately escaping and for guards to throw prisoners around without any one being able to do anything flame thrower is just strong gas should be freehit/rebelling but the jetpacks are crazy pls just ban the jetpacks ffs
I understand your opinion, I am starting to see some easy abuse with this but the warden can put in orders saying, "No equipping Jetpacks" or "No Jetpacking" anyways if they did escape a guard can just chase them, that simple, even if they get the momentum and bhop as the pyro they can keep the momentum in tight spaces and closing in with the guard coming to them, but after all this is your opinion this is just mine. :)

Bronze

Face-Melting
I understand your opinion, I am starting to see some easy abuse with this but the warden can put in orders saying, "No equipping Jetpacks" or "No Jetpacking" anyways if they did escape a guard can just chase them, that simple, even if they get the momentum and bhop as the pyro they can keep the momentum in tight spaces and closing in with the guard coming to them, but after all this is your opinion this is just mine. :)
I have given such orders and pyros still just teleported away guards are either not enough or too slow to catch half a team that is flying around

Conor

Notably Dangerous
Right, and how many reds are actually going to comply with that order?

Your logic is dumb. 'It iz alloud bee caws worden can bean it!111!!!' Correct. Reds should be allowed ammo. Why? Because warden can just say 'reds donot use ammo!!1111'.

The thermal thruster is a cancerous weapon for reds to have. Combined with bunnyhop, rebelling has never been easier. It's worse that half the red team are now TT pyros, so each round is a mass rebel unless you tone down the number of prisoners with cell wars or trick orders.
My logic is that if the warden says an order along the lines of Pyro's melee weapons out at all time this would reduce the amount of rebelling pyros. I did not say it would completely remedy the issue as many of the Jailbreak player base are aware of rebels always seem to find new and creative ways to do what they do best. Come on Osome Oli, be open to criticism and conflicting opinion. :haha:

Osome Oli

Truly Feared
My logic is that if the warden says an order along the lines of Pyro's melee weapons out at all time this would reduce the amount of rebelling pyros. I did not say it would completely remedy the issue as many of the Jailbreak player base are aware of rebels always seem to find new and creative ways to do what they do best. Come on Osome Oli, be open to criticism and conflicting opinion. :haha:
I was criticising your idea. Accept it.

Jampoint

Happily Animating
This suggestion that was practically not agreed on turned into a shitpost argument.
Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.