Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Young Gamer Issues

Hugo

Sufficiently Lethal
In European Jailbreak servers, I have noticed a recent influx of younger children. While I don't usually have an issue with this, the majority of these kids are extremely immature and don't respect other players. Obviously, they help fill the servers and somewhat build the community, but they tend to disrupt the game when things don't go their way. Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone, but I think its an issue. It has been suggested that younger players should be prevented from using Voice Comms for this reason, and I agree with the idea, which would constitute restrictions being implemented for players who act immaturely and disregard others.

EDIT: Many people think it is "they are a squeaker, INSTANT MUTE" no, what i'm saying is that generally there is an issue with younger children can disrupt the game by being immature.

Last edited:

HellYoshi

Notably Dangerous
There's a rule that states "only use a mature voice" when you join the server. However, there still aren't enough Mutes for immature voices (only about 100 on SourceBans). It's not made clear enough what "having a mature voice" counts as though, so I think:

Squeaker=Automatic Mute.

EDIT: While it's not necessary, it might also be a decent idea to keep swearing to a minimum. It might be a bad idea due to the amount of people on Flux I know who love swearing, but it might be a half decent option until people learn to behave and not mass disrespect with swearing. "Cunt" should be a banned word, though.

Last edited:

Dova

Will absorb your soul
Staff Member
I count as squeaker so I get muted

And I don't think restricting swearing is a good idea because sometimes people get a bit angry when they die or something. I think it could be restricted if it is directly targeted at someone in a hateful manner

Bronze

Face-Melting
Since when does age make you a bad person you shared their age once and as long as they are not breaking a rule there is no need to punish them imagine someone banning you because Flux.tf is 18+ only if you want an example of a person younger and still more matture then most people here look at Adam if you have problems with a small number of people like you said you can always report them instead of making a witchhunt for people younger then you.This is the internet stop taking yourself so serious.

Hugo

Sufficiently Lethal
Since when does age make you a bad person you shared their age once and as long as they are not breaking a rule there is no need to punish them imagine someone banning you because Flux.tf is 18+ only if you want an example of a person younger and still more matture then most people here look at Adam if you have problems with a small number of people like you said you can always report them instead of making a witchhunt for people younger then you.This is the internet stop taking yourself so serious.
Bronze did you read the part where I said OBVIOUSLY DOESNT APPLY TO EVERYONE

Jampoint

Happily Animating
IM_CRYING.jpg

(This was on a different server)

Bronze

Face-Melting
Bronze did you read the part where I said OBVIOUSLY DOESNT APPLY TO EVERYONE
Yes...that's why I said if you don't have a problem with most people report those few ones.

Noodl

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Owner
"Using a mature voice" doesn't necessarily constitute "having gone through puberty" it mainly means not to scream like a retard.

There will be no automatic muting of people just because they sound young. If they are breaking rules, as with any other player, call an admin, or record and report.

Conor

Notably Dangerous
Children should be seen and not heard. :-)

Davidtornado

Notably Dangerous
In European Jailbreak servers, I have noticed a recent influx of younger children. While I don't usually have an issue with this, the majority of these kids are extremely immature and don't respect other players. Obviously, they help fill the servers and somewhat build the community, but they tend to disrupt the game when things don't go their way. Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone, but I think its an issue. It has been suggested that younger players should be prevented from using Voice Comms for this reason, and I agree with the idea, which would constitute restrictions being implemented for players who act immaturely and disregard others.

EDIT: Many people think it is "they are a squeaker, INSTANT MUTE" no, what i'm saying is that generally there is an issue with younger children can disrupt the game by being immature.
THIS IS WHAT I WANTED TO BE A THING. In the first place, kids younger than 12 shouldn't play games like tf2