Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Read Me Store Suggestions

Noodl

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Owner
So I'm about to implement a store system on Flux servers, and wanted some player suggstions on things to buy.

I'm looking for things that:
Don't add download time (so no models, trails etc)
Things that aren't game breaking, or advantageous
Generally things that are novelty, or some fun

Currently I have weapon colours, titles, and buyable commands (like forcertd on everyone once).

I'm drafting a new title system to use, but I need to plan the best way to write the plugin. So feel free to also suggest your own titles to add.

Think of stuff like "buyable robot skin for a round" (or forever actually), bearing in mind the robot skin exists in the game already.

ColdRamen

Notably Dangerous
Add a PointShop, it seems to work for most other networks.

Have a large array of titles for non - donors, but also include some exclusively for donors and an option to make a custom title seperately on the store.

Add robot skins for donors, they're pretty neat.

Make it so that RTD usually produces better effects for donors.

Finally, I've seen plugins that allow a play to have a custom unusual effect on their hat or cosmetic. Have a few lower tier effects avaliable for everyone, but save the rest for donors.

Noodl

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Owner
Add a PointShop, it seems to work for most other networks.
That's exactly what this is. Earn credits for players on servers and completing contracts, donators get more, people with Flux.tf in their name will get a small bonus too. Credits can be used to buy things from this in game store we're talking about, as well as keys and metal from a Steambot.

Have a large array of titles for non - donors, but also include some exclusively for donors and an option to make a custom title seperately on the store.
Donor only titles is a good idea, though they already get [Donor] or whatever it is. I'm somewhat against allowing custom titles, as it'll cause a bit of confusion for normal players as to who is what rank, etc. Plus it'll be guaranteed you get people going [Valve] and [Owner] and [Admin] etc.

Add robot skins for donors, they're pretty neat.
/robot already exists for donators (and admins by that extent), but I'm going to add robot skins for all classes to be purchasable for all players for credits, and maybe strip the robot benefit from donators. Buyable for 1 round for like 50 credits, and permanently for like 5000 or something.

Make it so that RTD usually produces better effects for donors.
This already happens by default in RTD.

Finally, I've seen plugins that allow a play to have a custom unusual effect on their hat or cosmetic. Have a few lower tier effects avaliable for everyone, but save the rest for donors.
While possible, I'm entirely against this for moral reasons. Additionally because it's against Valve's ToS, and they will begin enforcing bans on server owners if this becomes common place. So we can't give out items or effects the player doesn't have - australium skins, unusuals, etc etc.

JanKo

Gore-Spattered
Can u add something where we can buy another contract? plez papa