Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Lower sv_minrate

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zen

The plr_highertower server operates at sv_minrate of 52800, considering the default value sits at only 3500, it is safe to say this server operates at an unusualy high minrate.

While this, as far to my knowledge, doesn't affect gameplay, it renders some frame perfect mechanics impossible. While there are a a few of those bugs, the "bhop" is the best known example.

While I am not sure why a high sv_minrate value would make these game interactions [near*] impossible, I have multiple hypotheses, I haven't gotten any data to back these.

I simply ask for this setting to be lowered to a more reasonable amount, which would allow for consistent bhopping.

[*It seems under certain conditions upon joining the server there will be absolutely no issue with performing any of the aforementioned "techs"]

SleeperStim

Gore-Spattered
Explain what the hell this is?

SleeperStim

Gore-Spattered
sv_minrate 3500 (default) https://streamable.com/nh8mzt
sv_minrate 52800 (flux.tf's setting) https://streamable.com/q6lo0h

As you can see I'm easily able to chain bhops in the first clip, yet I'm unable to get even a single bhop in the second clip.
Alright, so, I can see why they changed it to 52800, so people arent cheating the bhop system, especially with trollders confusing other players and getting critted by a MG (Market Gardener)

BabyBARKing

Sufficiently Lethal
Alright, so, I can see why they changed it to 52800, so people arent cheating the bhop system, especially with trollders confusing other players and getting critted by a MG (Market Gardener)
It's not cheating the bhop system it making it so that bhops are actually registered

Sugar

real femboy
How the fuck do people beat the bhop system. Bruh

Console

Harpreet <3
Staff Member
Admin
How the fuck do people beat the bhop system. Bruh
Likely referring to the ability for BHop to let Soldiers touch the ground, BHop, and carry over the "rocket jump effect" with the Market Gardener, which ends up with Soldiers just spamming jump after rocket jumping, and waiting to get a Market Garden crit while BHopping.

CashPrizes

Fajo the Money
Staff Member
Owner
Unless something is broken or not functioning properly, I don't see a need to modify this.

Status
Not open for further replies.