Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Kicking idle spectators

Kick idle spectators?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrsolaja

Unremarkable
Sometime the most active servers are full but majority of the time there are a few idle players, I was wondering if removing idle players could be implemented into the servers such as a half an hour waiting time before they are kicked, that is after they have been switched onto spectator of course, just so that players that actually want to join the server can instantly play rather than having to wait for an empty spot. I have seen a few individuals be idle for over 24 hours so just wondering if this minor feature could be applied.

Vult

Unremarkable
I think it might be better to only kick once the server is actually full but some implementation of a system like this would definitely be good.

dork

Notably Dangerous
please

edit: Just to add a little, this would really help with staff being able to respond to calls :)

Last edited:

SleeperStim

Gore-Spattered
I say no on this, especially with team balancing if you get auto'ed if a AFK gets kicked, its going to lead to some controversy with it.

Vult

Unremarkable
I say no on this, especially with team balancing if you get auto'ed if a AFK gets kicked, its going to lead to some controversy with it.
AFKs already get moved to spectator relatively quick.
The problem is that spectators take up player slots and don't get kicked even after a long time, meaning if the server is full more people can't join.
Edit: it's not spelled spectater... 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Mrsolaja

Unremarkable
Well I'd play a 12 v 12 with unfair teams rather than the server be half full with afk people and by the time I see someone their already dead, since players need to find something to do.

Mrsolaja

Unremarkable
AFKs already get moved to spectator relatively quick.
The problem is that spectators take up player slots and don't get kicked even after a long time, meaning if the server is full more people can't join.
Edit: it's not spelled spectater... 🤦‍♂️
Yeah I don't know how long you can stay in active for, the highest I've seen is 24 hour

dork

Notably Dangerous
I don't understand your point. Getting kicked for being idle isn't anything new, there will be literally zero controversy. Kicking those who have been in spectator for a while honestly has no downsides imo; it doesn't effect balance at all.

HoneyBadger

6U TE2H PMV8
Staff Member
Thank you for the suggestion. I'll keep this thread under review. We will have an internal discussion regarding this matter and a higher representative will inform you on the decision made. Have a good one!

CashPrizes

Fajo the Money
Staff Member
Owner
I'll add a plugin soon and we'll have to see how it functions. If players generally hate it then we'll remove it for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.