Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted HipsterMelon's Admin Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HipsterMelon

Unremarkable
- Name: Jackson.

- Steam name + ID: STEAM_0:0:126377768

- Specify your timezone and rough playtimes~ 3:10 to 1:30 EST

- Have you been an admin before and where?

Yes, I used to be an admin on the servers known as Degree Gaming for about 5 years, Learned most of the admin commands back then. After leaving I stumbled upon Flux.tf and It seemed like one of the best communities to make friends in.

- What servers are you primarily applying for?

I used to play on Jailbreak, Idle trade, and Deathrun back in my DG days but now I just play JB on your guy's servers. However, I wouldn't mind playing on servers such as prop hunt and the other miscellaneous servers.

- Are you familiar with the admin role and commands? ie - what is expected of you

(I'm sick of telling people to do the !rule command so here I am :B1:) In all seriousness, I'd say came to through my hat in the ring to see what I can do to help you fine folks out when It comes to securing the servers so that people can play without the annoyance of rule-breakers. I am completely aware of whats expected of me as an admin when It comes to how to handle problems to keeping the core values of the server and its people ( well after 5 years if I didn't know how to be an admin I must be a huge 'tard) and I know to not give in to harsh conditions in situations that are tough to resolve from the start.

- Why would you be a good addition to the servers as an administrator?

(This part is basically a rehash from the last part but I'll do it anyway) I know how to handle myself when It comes to commands and what not and I know not to act in a non-bias manner when dealing with situations

- Anything else you'd like to add - maybe a bit about yourself, ie - interests, hobbies, education, etc

I work at an amusement park, not very glamorous I know but its fun to do when it comes to laughing at stupid people getting lost in said park that's friggin tiny as my state is to Russia. (My state is PA btw)

Last edited:

The Mafioso Courier

Uncharitable
Alright my brother, I shall be the first to be reviw your application. Ill go easy on you, I swear.:meat:
Honestly to me, when viewing its formatting, Id say this is short. No denying that. And Im going to correct a little mistake you made: A Steam ID is not a steam profile page url, those things are different. What you're looking for is this bad boi: STEAM_0:0:73228516, this is a Steam ID. So just edit your thread to include that and your Steam Name. Also brother, this is an application, youre trying to look professional, so posting 2 gifs along with your app to make it look longer is an idea I wouldnt reccommend.
-from your brother and a Son Of Máthair, Courier.

Jampoint

Happily Animating
Also brother, this is an application, youre trying to look professional, so posting 2 gifs along with your app to make it look longer is an idea I wouldnt reccommend.
source.gif

That's a signature, Mafioso.
Will be giving a rating later.

HipsterMelon

Unremarkable
Fixed the ID problem, I thought it was that anyway, my bad <3
Bout It being short: I had about 7 paragraphs of info lined up so If you want me to add to it I will
Jampoint got to the third thing before me..... lol (is it with the flow now :p)

[B.C.] DylanDeej

Unremarkable
Alright my brother, I shall be the first to be reviw your application. Ill go easy on you, I swear.:meat:
Honestly to me, when viewing its formatting, Id say this is short. No denying that. And Im going to correct a little mistake you made: A Steam ID is not a steam profile page url, those things are different. What you're looking for is this bad boi: STEAM_0:0:73228516, this is a Steam ID. So just edit your thread to include that and your Steam Name. Also brother, this is an application, youre trying to look professional, so posting 2 gifs along with your app to make it look longer is an idea I wouldnt reccommend.
-from your brother and a Son Of Máthair, Courier.
You are first on everyone :P

SWIGGY

Truly Feared
- Name: Jackson.

- Steam name + ID: STEAM_0:0:126377768

- Specify your timezone and rough playtimes~ 3:10 to 1:30 EST

- Have you been an admin before and where?

Yes, I used to be an admin on the servers known as Degree Gaming for about 5 years, Learned most of the admin commands back then. After leaving I stumbled upon Flux.tf and It seemed like one of the best communities to make friends in.

- What servers are you primarily applying for?

I used to play on Jailbreak, Idle trade, and Deathrun back in my DG days but now I just play JB on your guy's servers. However, I wouldn't mind playing on servers such as prop hunt and the other miscellaneous servers.

- Are you familiar with the admin role and commands? ie - what is expected of you

(I'm sick of telling people to do the !rule command so here I am :B1:) In all seriousness, I'd say came to through my hat in the ring to see what I can do to help you fine folks out when It comes to securing the servers so that people can play without the annoyance of rule-breakers. I am completely aware of whats expected of me as an admin when It comes to how to handle problems to keeping the core values of the server and its people ( well after 5 years if I didn't know how to be an admin I must be a huge 'tard) and I know to not give in to harsh conditions in situations that are tough to resolve from the start.

- Why would you be a good addition to the servers as an administrator?

(This part is basically a rehash from the last part but I'll do it anyway) I know how to handle myself when It comes to commands and what not and I know not to act in a non-bias manner when dealing with situations

- Anything else you'd like to add - maybe a bit about yourself, ie - interests, hobbies, education, etc

I work at an amusement park, not very glamorous I know but its fun to do when it comes to laughing at stupid people getting lost in said park that's friggin tiny as my state is to Russia. (My state is PA btw)
You seem mature, the application is well written, but i think being more active would help out and stating which server your exactly applying for.
Im staying Neutral leaning towards a positive

HipsterMelon

Unremarkable
Mainly the reason that I didn't specify a server was due to me being able to literally anyone of them that needs someone to help moderate it but if you need it to be specific it would be Jailbreak (NY) because I am usually on that one and about the server time it is approximately 123 hrs and counting as of typing of this response.

Last edited:

Jampoint

Happily Animating
"Hoodie Melo". I can't.

Positives:
-Has admin experience, which was part of management in Degree Gaming.
-Gets along with some other admins
-Knows the rules and follows them as best as he can
-Has a good deal of playtime on servers

Neutral:
-Was banned off of Degree Gaming due to drama. Don't worry, it happened to me too, and we know the truth by now, so it isn't a huge deal.

Negatives:
-Was getting used to the menu for Jailbreak and accidentally turned on Friendly Fire, which he claimed that he was trying to get used to the menu. @GreGre you now don't need to cover that.
-Not much forum activity.

Even though he has made some mistakes, I think he would be a great addition to the admin team and a big help.
+1 from me.
On the other hand, good luck.

Aubble

Time Traveler
I've seen Hipster a lot of servers, especially on the trade server. He seems like a good guy, and I think that all he needs is a little more forum activity and maybe a wider range of server use, because I see him on trade a lot. Most of my other opinions are similar to Jam's.
+1

adam

a stupid
Haven't seen you at all in the EU Jailbreak servers.
NEUTRAL leaning to THUMBS UP.
Just because the application is quite good.

alec

- Name:alec
- Steam name + ID:alpaps and my ID is STEAM_0:1:178035755

-time zone UTC 6:00

-i have never been a admin before

-iam apllying for LA Jailbreak

-I do not know any admins

-i know i can be a good admin but i do not know the commands

-i think it will be good for me to be a admin because i want to get rid of rulebreakers that annoying these players playing thoese servers

-well if someone has freekilled once i will give them a waring, second time 30 minute ban from gaurd third time kick from server.No mic as gaurd 30 minute ban from gaurd.
lr or dr denial the first time waring second time 30 minute ban from gaurd third time kick from server.

-my hobbies are flying drones,rc cars and video games so i might be on a lot,also i have fall break in a week starting setember 23

adam

a stupid

-i think it will be good for me to be a admin because i want to get rid of rulebreakers that annoying these players playing thoese servers

-well if someone has freekilled once i will give them a waring, second time 30 minute ban from gaurd third time kick from server.No mic as gaurd 30 minute ban from gaurd.
lr or dr denial the first time waring second time 30 minute ban from gaurd third time kick from server.

-my hobbies are flying drones,rc cars and video games so i might be on a lot,also i have fall break in a week starting setember 23
This is an application.
You're posting your application in an application.
Make a new thread here:
http://flux.tf/index.php?forums/applications.9/

Aubble

Time Traveler
*sigh* alec was messaging me on how to make a new thread...

Conor

Notably Dangerous

It's an application, inside of an application! It's app-ception!

Status
Not open for further replies.