Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Demo bugs, JB

Ranger Ciri

Unremarkable
Demo spawning without shield, almost all the time and in unusual cases, without a primary (loose cannon). Sometimes in red there are times when I spawn without a melee (half zatoichi specifically). None of this should happen, any chance these could get fixed quickly?

adam

a stupid
Oh, yes, I have also experienced this issue quite a lot of times before, and it's quite irritating to be honest.
Lord @Noodl, sorry, but could you fix this?

Hugo

Sufficiently Lethal
Probably wont be fixed, this issue is common in all servers and will most likely not change considering its a temporary petty issue.

Noodl

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Owner
All of the issues I mentioned at the top can be fixed.

"Fixed quickly" is usually not something that happens with Jailbreak given the plugin is 8000+ lines of code, which isn't always logical. I might have a look when I have some free time and have less important/interesting things to write.

Noodl

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Owner
Demos spawning without shields is not a bug, it's actually a cvar with intentional behaviour. The description is "Stop the Demoman class from charging with shields: (1 = yes, 0 = no)" which infers all demomen, but the code to find and delete shields only runs on red demo spawns... but for all players. So it's a bit dumb and ambiguous.

Nothing explicit about swords nor stripping other weapons, so I'd need to go investigate myself.